Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1403.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is it with our players that we have so many leave early that aren't anywhere close to being good enough to leave early. Webb, Hill, Moore. Unbelieveable.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He already has his degree and he's leaving to support his family according to his dad.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GatorSkin;n115887 said:
He already has his degree and he's leaving to support his family according to his dad.
Support his family? Does he seriously think he's going to make an NFL roster? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the young man may need a reality check.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't think of a backup linemen ever declaring early. Didn't WPL declare early? That's the only backup declaring that i recall.

Can we make a list of guys who declared early then didn't get drafted and didn't make the team as a FA?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115944 said:
I can't think of a backup linemen ever declaring early. Didn't WPL declare early? That's the only backup declaring that i recall.

Can we make a list of guys who declared early then didn't get drafted and didn't make the team as a FA?

WPL played for four years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hmmm... seems like there was another backup who declared.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n115962 said:
Hmmm... seems like there was another backup who declared.

I think Will Hill might have already lost his starting job to Josh Evans when he left early.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I thought Will Hill was crazy to leave early. A couple hours ago I saw him get a pick 6 against Drew Brees, which wound up being the difference in the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will Hill was a 5 star kid who played like a 5 star kid... some of the time.

Tyler Moore? He's a college backup/depth at best. I really don't remember a worse OL who actually got on the field at UF. Heck, I've never seen anyone so consistently miss, just not even touch, the DT lined up across from him. It's a regular occurrence. Even in pass protection, so it's not like it was a read option with a design to leave the DT unblocked.

I've never heard that he's a gym rat or especially strong, he's definitely not fast, and his game film is going to be a nightmare... I just don't know what he thinks will cause an NFL team to consider him even as a free agent. I fully expect him not to be signed at all.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Shirley" this is a yoke!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy stuff with some of these Juniors except Fowler. Bullard is the only one of the others guaranteed to even be drafted. Morrison I doubt would stick to a roster now unless it was because of ST. Jones I guess it makes the most sense because his stock wont go any higher next season but he is not a lock to make a roster and will probably be taken near the end of the draft.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n115886 said:
What is it with our players that we have so many leave early that aren't anywhere close to being good enough to leave early. Webb, Hill, Moore. Unbelieveable.

Hill? As in Will Hill one of the best safeties in the NFL?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the best? I don't see Will "The Thrill" Hill listed by anybody as one of the top safeties of the game. In fact, The SI article lists former Gators Reggie Nelson and Matt Elam as honorable mention. There may be an article out there that lists him in the top 10 (I don't see it) but I would still think "top" would mean top 3-5 and I don't think he's top top 3-5 in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-best-safeties
https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...namic-safeties
https://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/25/ear...op-10-safeties

Disclosure: I watch about 1 NFL game a week so I don't follow it as close as I used to, I'm just going off of these expert pieces above. No doubt that Hill is a top talent, but his off the field antics will never allow him to realize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.