UCF puts 2017 National Champions sign up

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I dont know how you can tell. Frost was a pretty mediocre OC at Oregon. He had "it" as a player but that rarely transfers to coaching.

Some of its situational. I think Frost could have won championships Florida unfortunately maybe even at Florida State but I'm fairly certain he will not at Nebraska.

Heupel, who knows. I think it's a pretty good hire for them. He's at least a pretty good offensive coordinator

I think Frost will do very well at Nebraska. I don’t think it will be as difficult to pull talent from the hotbed states (Fl, GA, TX, LA) as people think. Tom Osborne did it quite successfully in his later years and with the connections Frost made at UCF, I think he’ll be able to do it, too. I also think the guy has the disposition of a successful head coach. Heupel, time will tell...but a 3-4 game drop off is my guess.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Rivals rankings:

Nebraska - 38th (2018 - 21st)
Ohio St. - 14th (2018 - 2nd)

Little doubt Meyer will get that into the top 10 if not top 5. Yeah, Frost has Meyer trembling.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So exactly how is this worse than what Bama has done for the last 10-15 years in claiming five championships they never won?

I find it ironic that Bama fan criticizes UCF more than any other fan base. I guess familiarity breeds contempt...eh, Bama?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a box of Cracker Jack today and this was my prize
UCF-ring.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only does Frost recruit well, he recruits guys who love to play for him. That was quite evident at UCF.

I would not want to bet against him doing well at Nebraska.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only does Frost recruit well, he recruits guys who love to play for him. That was quite evident at UCF.
He was playing Memphis.

Let's keep this in mind. He recruited well enough to beat Memphis.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
And Auburn.

Bowl games are different animals. And it is a fact he isn't recruiting well enough to threaten Meyer. What will help him is the god awful offenses in that conference. He will get wins because of his system versus terrible offensive coaches like Harbaugh and Dantonio. He'll basically be the big10 version of Mullen. He will win games, but never truly threaten anyone. Finally, after 5-7 years he will be fired or move on.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bowl games are different animals. And it is a fact he isn't recruiting well enough to threaten Meyer. What will help him is the god awful offenses in that conference. He will get wins because of his system versus terrible offensive coaches like Harbaugh and Dantonio. He'll basically be the big10 version of Mullen. He will win games, but never truly threaten anyone. Finally, after 5-7 years he will be fired or move on.
Whoa. Recruiting as well as Meyer? Who jumped to that conclusion? Certainly wasn't me.

Isn't it a bit early to be putting a stamp on his work? He hasn't even completed half a year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was playing Memphis.

Let's keep this in mind. He recruited well enough to beat Memphis.

In the championship game it was in overtime, where neither team new what was going on during Defense.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UCF - 2 ----- State of Alabama - 0

images

ucfwin.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And Auburn.
Yeah and Utah beat Alabama once ina bowl game they didnt want to be in.

In the end they are still just a joke directional school in a joke conference.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah and Utah beat Alabama once ina bowl game they didnt want to be in.

In the end they are still just a joke directional school in a joke conference.
And yet you wanted him here. You change narratives as often as you change signatures below your user name, which is no longer the same user name you began here with.

How much of this anti-Frost narrative is sarcasm and how much of it is "full of shyt"?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Whoa. Recruiting as well as Meyer? Who jumped to that conclusion? Certainly wasn't me.

Isn't it a bit early to be putting a stamp on his work? He hasn't even completed half a year.

Didn't mean to say you did. I've just seen so much frost love that makes no sense to me. I liked the guy. He was my favorite candidate but I did have serious concerns. Is it too early? His recruiting or lack thereof is a serious concern in the same way Mullen's lack of recruiting is troublesome here. Frost will have an easier time with so many Muchump offenses in that conference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet you wanted him here.
I did. Im desperate. Deep dont like high risk low reward option offenses though.

He would have won here. No chance there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator