UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t blame him. Go look up Mullen’s passing offenses in his time at Miss. St. You’d be upset too. More of the same coming to gator nation.
Don't have to. I have watched everyone of our games these past five years or so. We're dogcrap with a bare roster of decent players and because we're Florida fully expect the very cream of the coaching crop to throw themselves at us.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
bb300b4b8379f4612fb75a4674a02a11.jpg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So without going back to read 35 pages of this, is there any actual evidence that we're paying anywhere in the neighborhood of 7m in salary?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t our new coach just lose to an interim coach?!?!?!?! Dohhhhh :cry2:

Yes, and his all-world QB (from here, btw - well, Richmond Hill, GA, is about 15 miles from Savannah) went down in the first quarter with a horrific foot injury (so bad they wouldn't show the replay). His backup was not quite as good. If Fitzgerald plays the rest of that game, MSU wins it.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I didn't read the comments in this thread about DM...but Anyone..who isn't happy with him being hired back as our HC... is a fool.... Glad he is back. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and his all-world QB (from here, btw - well, Richmond Hill, GA, is about 15 miles from Savannah) went down in the first quarter with a horrific foot injury (so bad they wouldn't show the replay). His backup was not quite as good. If Fitzgerald plays the rest of that game, MSU wins it.
Yeah, we know Cowbell had a backup QB.... just like Ole Miss.

Cant wait til Cousin Eddie has an experienced upperclassman like Fitz so we can watch up take on Ugly and put 3 points on the board again like this year.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014

If you or anyone else on here can't get/see why its a good hire...no sense in attempting to explain it. and I really do not care if this opinion is popular on here or not. It's a solid hire.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I love this hire!

Yes, we whiffed on our top two candidates but why are so many hurt over not getting coaches who don’t want to be Gators?

I’m happy we found a guy with a history of success that wants to be here. I loved the spread option attack we used to run and I can’t wait to see what we look like at the next spring game.

I guarantee that no matter how it looks next spring, people will complain. lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I too envy a team that just hired/fired a coach linked to child rape and now might be on the hook for part of a $20 million buyout. :facepalm:
Mullen aint so clean either. You ever see that video of his recruit beating the shcit out of a woman? Yes ,he still signed him after that. One of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on video.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Great post and spot on. I suppose after the anger of this announcement wear's off(I feel like a rug has been yanked out from under me) I 'll probably try to justify his limited success by trying to believe that more overall talent will make us better than MSU.....I hope it works but I have my doubts especially now that our roster is very depleted and top 5 recruiting classes aren't a given around these parts like they used to be....

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
How can Stricklin stand up there tomorrow and say we got our man? Is he going to acknowledge striking out on our top 2 targets and just going to the hurry up comfortable option or pretend we didn’t notice his failure.

No, he'll probably say they interviewed several candidates and chose Mullen. Won't mention that he was at least 3rd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator