UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lets see if he can salvage the top 5 recruiting haul we once had. That would be a good start. Spring ball is the next test. Summer conditioning and then fall camp. If he does the right things here we should see a turn around, assuming he has the right QB. It will be clar very soon if he begins to earn 7 million dollars.

Uh, for $7 million that SOB better win the NC in two years.....tops.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I haven't been to your thread yet which I am sure you are calling us all names but thank you for your honesty.
Not yet. But I’ll only be here till Tuesday and then off again for a short bit. I do notice you couldn’t get past one post before taking a shot. Thanks for never changing.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
LOL! $7 Million man. SEVEN. I would coach out of a shack for that much loot.....
Look I wanted Kelly or Frost they told us thanks but no thanks. Who else is out there that was jumping for joy saying yes I want the Gators job? Mullen is still miles better than butters.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2007 was a pretty good year passing but we went away from that for some reason and that didnt change when he went to cowbell (not Meyer's influence).

Most of his "passing" were "shuttle passes" (just a forward pitch) on triple options and 3 yard underneath routes that Percy used to snap ankles and take to the house.

Btw, guys, all of our receivers got the "cant run routes" ratings by NFL scouts, not that it will matter in this offense.
I think some of that was the way Meyer teams seem to play tight until they lose a game. In 08 after the ole miss loss is when our offense kicked into high gear and they played tight all of 09 and Daz sucked... but they opened it up against cincy when there was nothing left to play for

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Look I wanted Kelly or Frost the told us thanks but no thanks. Who else is out there that was jumping for joy saying yes I want the Gators job? Mullen is still miles better than butters.
Just being realistic..

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not yet. But I’ll only be here till Tuesday and then off again for a short bit. I do notice you couldn’t get past one post before taking a shot. Thanks for never changing.

Looks like you got merged. Thank you for your service!

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Can Mullen turn Toney into Harvin2.0? Or how about Massey? They both look the part and have great speed, not Harvin speed but close.

God I’m praying on anything to get excited about this panic hire.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
If he did indeed get 7 million a year, how much will he expect if he makes it to an extension?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Never thought for a minute we were going to go out and hire Mullen. And if you told me not only were we going to hire him but we were going to pay him $7 million/year I'd have laughed my a$$ off at you for being an ignorant rube who had no concept of what "market worth" meant. Yet here we are. I'm bumfuzzled.

As I've stated before, after losing out on Kelly and Frost I couldn't care less who we got. I wanted a championship caliber coach who would clean house and start fresh. I didn't think any other coaches had that championship quality so whoever it was didn't matter. So it might as well be Mullen as anyone else I guess. I'll wish him well and hope he can turn things around. But I'm hardly excited or feeling too enthusiastic about the hire and have little faith we will be anything more than an "OK" football team.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The real problem with Mullen is that he won't be fired in 3-4 years, as some have already predicted. He will win 10, occasionally 11 games most years (far better than what we've had). He's not UF's Butch Jones. He's Mark Richt. Meh, nationally relevant again, but not a real championship contender.

That will keep him here for 8 plus years and make Stricklin gloat on his hire until we move on from Mullen in about a decade. It's the length of our time in purgatory that I fear most.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
Tennessee ran off their new hire before he even got there. Talk about a dumpster fire! I bet they end up with someone better than us. Just watch. SS is an amateur Foley wannabe.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Tennessee ran off their new hire before he even got there. Talk about a dumpster fire! I bet they end up with someone better than us. Just watch. SS is an amateur Foley wannabe.

I'd be surprised. Other candidates of decent quality are probably marking Tennessee off their list of potential places to work with a sharpie.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to say kudos to Tennessee for running shciano before he got there. For the first time ever, i envy thise basterds.
Yeah, I too envy a team that just hired/fired a coach linked to child rape and now might be on the hook for part of a $20 million buyout. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator