Founding Member
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of the guy . The chargers have one of the worst secondaries in football. Probably better than hiring another sunbelt sally though .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you leave the NFL as a DB coach to take same position in college? Wonder if he was getting canned with the Chargers

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He wasn’t a db coach.

He was an “assistant” db coach for the chargers.

Unimpressed Not Funny GIF

He was a DB coach at Washington before though, from what I read. He’s younger and maybe a little more drive to prove himself. I hated the 2 week absence that allowed recruits to wander, but if we needed fresh blood, then I’m good with this hire.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
He was a DB coach at Washington before though, from what I read. He’s younger and maybe a little more drive to prove himself. I hated the 2 week absence that allowed recruits to wander, but if we needed fresh blood, then I’m good with this hire.
If there is any more attrition on the staff we will likely get guys like this for one year contracts who will pad their resumes for a season here before departing with Billy after he gets axed next season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If there is any more attrition on the staff we will likely get guys like this for one year contracts who will pad their resumes for a season here before departing with Billy after he gets axed next season.

No I get that. I wasn’t a fan of the moves and do think we’ll have a hard time convincing anyone that this is more than a one year move. But if we’re doing it, I like the direction of going young with NFL experience. Also, who knows. Assistants that prove their worth are often retained by a new incoming coach. Maybe he does a good job and likes it here and it’s one less position a potential replacement has to hire.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
the fact we haven't heard from the dude in 2 weeks since the post-game presser of the LSU embarrassment is extremely odd and concerning. Why not have a "end of season" presser to discuss the season briefly, tell us how disappointed you are in how the season went, but that you're committed and determined to sign a top notch recruiting class and that the transfer portal will be attacked fearlessly. Show us you're mad and pissed and going to not sleep until you have us back on track playing Florida Gator Football. But instead...crickets outside of us seeing him get punked by a Louisiana high school kid clowning him about letting LSU put up 50 on us. I'm absolutely dumbfounded at what's happening and how far down in the swamp our program is drowning in.
Because he cannot field the questions that would be asked.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Because he cannot field the questions that would be asked.
Back to back losing seasons. No bowl.

What could he say?

Would anyone listen? I wouldn't.

I dont want to hear anymore coach speak.

Its probably the right call to stay hidden until after ESD, staff changes, new hires.

Imo...They need to concentrate on closing recruits and transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.