UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you leave the NFL as a DB coach to take same position in college? Wonder if he was getting canned with the Chargers

it's a promotion for him, and NFL coaching salaries and top tier college coaching salaries aren't that different. The Chargers haven't released him from his obligation, but usually they don't have to if it's a promotion (team to team). I don't know how it works NFL to NCAA.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I hope OX is right about not done firing assts. although I am leery of any prediction regarding Billy Taggert. But who gives a shyt if they are no better than what we have? Why continue the insanity when you might have the smallest of chances of getting lucky. Most of the time the hot garbage you know is better than the hot garbage you do not know. But in my opinion, not in this case. Bring me any hot garbage that I am not familiar with over this pile of manure that is so hardened it can't be cleaned up.
Just a few comments: how does one put together a group of coaches that cannot produce cohesive units on the field? Where was the coordination? Glad we fired Corey. I guess he was finally exposed. Part of me imagines some assistants and players see that the top coaches dont really know how to lead and direct. Billy reproduced the foundation but the coaches cannot reproduce the character of a good team. Wish we could see a side by side of bama practice and unit meetings compared to ours. Cannot be similar, no way. Cannot do exactly what top teams do day in and day out and produce something so far below them.

Our players are better than the results on the field. Still hard to believe Beelly failed to scheme 60 yards for Pearsall to end the season. Loser.

And the guys transferring. Chris McClellen? Makes Napier seem like such a dimwit and ass rolled up into one drastically overpaid coach.

The lsu kid on an OV dogging UF and beelly slaps him on the back like buddies just messin around? Who would take this guy seriously?

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
it's a promotion for him, and NFL coaching salaries and top tier college coaching salaries aren't that different. The Chargers haven't released him from his obligation, but usually they don't have to if it's a promotion (team to team). I don't know how it works NFL to NCAA.
Billy probably has extended some invitations but i doubt he has anything close to a short list for replacements, like he fired assistants and already had a top 5. Some of the releases we see are from PR making it look like a smart and determined search is in process. But he probably doesnt have a clue. If coaching a football game overwhelms him, a coaching search, holding the class together, and working the portal like madmen has to be more than he is capable of simultaneously.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Jess Simpson, Duke DL coach is a name that has become the fast horse on several channels covering UF.

Anyone heard anything more?

Thoughts on his potential?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator