UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is just kinda weird (oh yeah, fuchs edgar thompson)
1704748901670.png

And hush the nonsense that Ron Roberts is getting fired from Auburn.
1704748956346.png

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I can't pull it up now, but I just read an article from a Auburn beat writer saying Roberts is being let go. Weird.
Only animosity I see towards Roberts is from the fans over the Bama game plan. There is also a tweet that Roberts sent out a week or so ago that looks kinda like shots fired at Auburn as well as wording like 'parting ways', but nothing about him getting fired or he was horrible.

What is strange about all this is we have a competent SEC level DC who has been around for a longtime to come into Florida to be the LB coach under a young dude who was a grad assistant the last time they were all together. Maybe AA is getting demoted and RR is taking the DC position? Just weird.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Kombucha Are You Sure GIF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think (hope) our defense will significantly improve based on these coaching changes, but I'm still going to be quite nervous on 4th and longs.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think (hope) our defense will significantly improve based on these coaching changes, but I'm still going to be quite nervous on 4th and longs.
And to be clear, significant improvement doesn't mean we have a great defense. Mediocre is significant for this team, unfortunately.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
WTF is with all the titles? People who worry about titles are typically people you don’t want.
Actually, it's a pretty massive sign of growth on Billy's part... hoping he'll do similar on the offense side.

Go check out some of the whacky assed titles Saban gave former HCs and OC/DCs he had on staff. It's also the first sign of succession planning on Billy's part.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Executive head coach for defense huh?

What the hell is Executive Head Coach for the Defense????? JFC is Otter from Animal House our head coach? Like when Otter promoted Flounder?

34. Eric Stratton: “Flounder, I am appointing you pledge representative to the social committee.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator