UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously the results are yet to be seen from the Roberts hire, but I am hopeful. Yes, there's familiarity with Napier and Armstrong. Maybe this guy will come in and help AA with the D and provide some experience there. It might be what AA needs. Not sure why and how all the 'Barn issues led him here but hopefully a win for us. Obviously there is something there with Freeze for him to bring in a replacement already with a defensive improvement. But then again, Freeze.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Money, replacement at Auburn already signed and familiarity.
What can we ascertain from a supposedly competent successful DC having his replacement hired during a reasonably successful season? I want to ascertain the impact this staff addition could have and, yes, ascertain what I, and we, can expect to see specifically from development, personnel management, on-field coordination. If we are going to make staff changes and additions, it should be clear where a coach fits, what his role is, and we fans able to ascertain what developmental impact a new staff member could have on our team's on-field success.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Interesting that this article claims sling blade made a run at front butt jr for OC. I don't remember seeing that anywhere else, but if true that says he is at least trying to find an upgrade at OC.
Ouch:

He is the first Florida coach since 1946 to begin his coaching career with back-to-back losing seasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator