UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll just stick this here.

Stats ... not sure, but these don't really pass the eye test. Say we are significantly better in almost every stat this year.

I think the stats make perfect sense. Explosive plays can be a killer, especially at the best/worst time depending on your point of view. On offense, explosive plays can compensate for bad play (AR last year), and on defense, explosive plays negate good play (defense this year).

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Rumors that Coach O ex LSU head has to talked to fl about d-line job…hell yeah!

of course a director / translator of cajun coon ass jargon would be neeeded
I posted this in chat a few minutes ago.
I just can't see a Former National Championship winning coach, taking orders and working under a damn Grad Assistant, masquerading as a DC.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I just can't see a Former National Championship winning coach, taking orders and working under a damn Grad Assistant, masquerading as a DC.
I would think he would be given a nice title and pay.
Co D coordinator and assistant head coach

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing that Billy is targeting Chargers assistant secondary coach.

Stats ... not sure, but these don't really pass the eye test. Say we are significantly better in almost every stat this year.

This is getting pretty close to being a done deal. No contract yet. He doesn’t have a lot of experience recruiting mainly because he hasn’t coached at any powerhouses. But he has put a lot of guys into the NFL.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors that Coach O ex LSU head has to talked to fl about d-line job…hell yeah!

of course a director / translator of cajun coon ass jargon would be neeeded
Yeah. I’ve been seeing that. But I think it’s quite a bit of speculation. I haven’t seen anything of substance other than somebody posting something from Twitter from a random person.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the stats make perfect sense. Explosive plays can be a killer, especially at the best/worst time depending on your point of view. On offense, explosive plays can compensate for bad play (AR last year), and on defense, explosive plays negate good play (defense this year).
I agree EXCEPT explosive plays should be figured into the other stats instead of taken out. Then compared with the explosive plays taken out.

Maybe that's what they were going after, but they didn't explain it at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Explosive plays are basically the best correlation to the scoring points, on offense or defense. It is pretty hard to string together 15-20 non explosives and slowly crawl down the field and score, like Billy (and Mullen) wants to do. Too many chances for a holdling or offsides to kill the drive. That is why those type coaches like to talk yardage not points, or time of possession.

Of course, points are all that matters. Pretty sure we finished 60th in scoring offense. Think that is slightly worse than last year although since they count post season stats, that could still change.

Defense of course still looks like it is being coached by a Sunbelt GA.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I would think he would be given a nice title and pay.
Co D coordinator and assistant head coach
Do you think any of the fainting goats in the UAA office or broader UF administration are willing to risk this:

Ed-Orgeron-1.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think any of the fainting goats in the UAA office or broader UF administration are willing to risk this:

View attachment 64844
I’m not sure if any of the administrative guys you reference like women or not, so I’m guessing no pertinent experience. The last time we had a coach who would “unwind” with younger women, we had two NC’s. Do the math :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Lies No GIF

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah. I’ve been seeing that. But I think it’s quite a bit of speculation. I haven’t seen anything of substance other than somebody posting something from Twitter from a random person.
We've been down this road before with coach hires. Somebody gets everyone excited and we end up with some guy named White Goodman that coached high school and moonlighted as a water delivery driver. How many times did we hire Mike Locksly over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.