UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Nick Deltorra or whatever his name is said Coach O hasn't been contacted or won't be contacted by UF. Also don't expect either of the oline coaches to be fired or any new hires to be made soon.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Nick Deltorra or whatever his name is said Coach O hasn't been contacted or won't be contacted by UF. Also don't expect either of the oline coaches to be fired or any new hires to be made soon.
Maybe it's the way I read that, or maybe it's your avatar, but to be clear these 2 disparate points are not related.
Ogre wouldn't coach our oline.
And the correct usage of "Also" makes me think you're not day drinking again so I really want to commend you.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if it has to deal with some NFL coaching decisions for those departing or current College teams still playing? I could see a scenario where one does "leave due to another offer", but cannot announce yet.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Them other guys done quit. Nobody got fired here.

Trust the process, glassy seas ahead

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well shoot, what’s the rush on filling staff vacancies for 2 key positions? Heck, the portal just opened a few days ago and ESD is coming up in a few weeks but who cares. It’s not like kids want to know who their coach will be before signing.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That just tells me Napier can’t upgrade staff because he doesn’t know enough capable coaches that he would hire, ie, be willing to work with.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

My goodness. If we didn’t have a pretty definitive plan in place, those moves make even less sense. You simply can’t slow play this process any more. And it’s getting talked about everywhere. Even former player, Stephen Harris, is commenting on Twitter about how this doesn’t work. I’m really trying to reign in my frustrations here, but I have no idea why this would be the approach.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My goodness. If we didn’t have a pretty definitive plan in place, those moves make even less sense. You simply can’t slow play this process any more. And it’s getting talked about everywhere. Even former player, Stephen Harris, is commenting on Twitter about how this doesn’t work. I’m really trying to reign in my frustrations here, but I have no idea why this would be the approach.
Trust Believe GIF

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Harris isn't too happy with the state of affairs.

The fans aren't the only ones scratching our heads.

There's nothing to be done except wait and see how it all turns out. Dec 20th (ESD) isn't that far.

I think the portal window is open through Jan? (but the good ones are snapped up pretty quickly)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My goodness. If we didn’t have a pretty definitive plan in place, those moves make even less sense. You simply can’t slow play this process any more.
How about if they were leaving on their own and not "fired"?

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
If he keeps both o line coaches he should get fired on the spot. Del Torre said last night there may be a db coach hired this week, hinting it's most likely the asst DB coach from the Chargers.

Either sling blade is a lot dumber then we've been giving him credit for or he's intentionally trying to get fired.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he keeps both o line coaches he should get fired on the spot. Del Torre said last night there may be a db coach hired this week, hinting it's most likely the asst DB coach from the Chargers.

Either sling blade is a lot dumber then we've been giving him credit for or he's intentionally trying to get fired.

I don't know how good the Charger's DB coach is, but there defense is ranked 29th in the league, 31st in passing yardage per game, 13th in Red Zone Defense.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

He’s probably penning the fake death threats as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.