UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hmm..
Sounds like a good hire. He's a grown up and not from ULL.

He and the new S&C coach do sound good on paper.

The Gators have tapped into the NFL for new leadership in their nutrition program. Per multiple sources, the latest staff hire for Florida coach Billy Napier is Washington’s Jake Sankal, who has also a background in strength and conditioning.
Prior to joining Washington, he spent six years (2010-15) as a strength and conditioning coach with teams of the Cleveland Guardians organization.
On paper is exactly right. Who knows lol. The strength coach has a good resume for example, but all the previous fan bases seem to be happy he's gone. That being said, maybe anyone is better than Hocke.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On paper is exactly right. Who knows lol. The strength coach has a good resume for example, but all the previous fan bases seem to be happy he's gone. That being said, maybe anyone is better than Hocke.
Why weren’t these our guys in the first place?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You were never out, no matter how much we wish you were.

Animated GIF

I hate when you're right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not impressed with BRENNANMARION Play calling. Looks like the OC we have now.
You probably missed the part about actually scoring points.

And not calling the same ****ing inside/outside/ split zones every first and second down and screen passes on 3rd and long. Or maybe you just miss 50 fake jet sweeps.

What you should have been impressed with is the fact that he OC was actually calling plays, which Willy Korn has never actually done.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You probably missed the part about actually scoring points.

And not calling the same ****ing inside/outside/ split zones every first and second down and screen passes on 3rd and long. Or maybe you just miss 50 fake jet sweeps.

What you should have been impressed with is the fact that he OC was actually calling plays, which Willy Korn has never actually done.
No, he’s running the same foolish side to side plays that aren’t fooling anyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, he’s running the same foolish side to side plays that aren’t fooling anyone.
Im not sure what you are expecting with a P5 vs G5.

Or if you've watched much Liberty, because it is nothing but sideways and dink and dunk.

You can hope for a run and shoot or Art Briles protege, but I promise you Billy McElshark Jr. isn't hiring one of those.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see some creativity, without any trickeration.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I just want to see a fuchsing coach who can run his base offense and it actually work. We haven't had that since 2008.

Trick plays are ok, but Im tired of seeing conservative play call x3, then some dumb desperate 4th down trick play. If you are going to be aggressive, do it on first down not 4th.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
This UNLV offense doesn't look like much, but the Kansas team is out of control undisciplined!

EDIT - hard to say much about the UNLV offensive scheme. Their offensive line and QB suck, so it looks a lot like ours...executionally speaking.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This UNLV offense doesn't look like much, but the Kansas team is out of control undisciplined!

EDIT & hard to say much about the UNLV offensive scheme. Their offensive line and QB suck, so it looks a lot like ours...executionally speaking.
We arent supposed to look like a G5 team vs a P5 team though. They are.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They're playing a big12 team that beat Oklahoma a few weeks ago. I watched a half. Thought the offense looked good, they moved the ball but they were definitely out man'd.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I could very well be wrong about this UNLV guy and his offense!

But not about Kansas and their lack of discipline. Bejeebers they are out of control!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could very well be wrong about this UNLV guy and his offense!

But not about Kansas and their lack of discipline. Bejeebers they are out of control!
Yeah, an OC who can actually adjusts at half time. Can you imagine that?

He may not be SOS, but he is clearly head and shoulders better than Potato Billy.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
150 years of college football ... what classifies as "creativity" these days? Would we even recognize it?

I just want to see really solid offensive line play. Guys who can slide sideways well and push people out of the way. With a solid offensive line, everything else is possible. You can attack the entire field if the QB has time.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, an OC who can actually adjusts at half time. Can you imagine that?

He may not be SOS, but he is clearly head and shoulders better than Potato Billy.
It was hard to gauge much about Marion from this game. All of UNLV's players look like they are the size of a high school team. It looked like most competent OCs would be calling the same type of game when they are so mismatched with size. But those midgets did score some points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.