UF Defense vs LSU Offense

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last year LSU had 195 rushing yards on us and Fournette had 140 of those yards. I've seen nothing from this defense that makes me believe that we'll hold them to fewer yards this year; however, we can win this game as long as they aren't rushing for more yards than they did last year. Fournette isn't the only person that concerns me on the LSU offense. Harris' legs will be a threat. Our defense has given up way too many runs to QBs, and I think they'll try to use Harris in the run game, more than they have any other team so far. We'll have to contain Harris so that he is forced to beat us with his arm and not his legs.

I think our defense will somewhat slow them down, but the offense will need to step it up and win this game. If we can't get 4 TD's, then I don't think we'll be able to win. It may be a blessing that the O-line struggled against Mizzou. Not only did they have things to learn from, but I think they'll come more focused with a chip on their shoulder to makeup for their poor play on Saturday. That means Taylor will get some good runs and Grier will have time to make his clutch throws. LSU is the best team on our schedule, so win or lose, this game will show us how much of a threat we really are to win the SEC and contend for a national title.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Our FG game does worry me with this game, we cannot be leaving points on the field. Grier will need to finish drives and not leave it up to the kicker. A FG gaffe would be the worst way to lose.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The intangible: it will be at hearing impaired decibel levels, great test for our young poise and coaching. Go Gators!!

GatorUrf10

Newb
Aug 10, 2015
We just can't allow Fournette to get a lot of momentum before he hits the running lanes. Our DLine has to disrupt their formations and make Fournette side-step. Once Fournette gets a head of steam that's when he becomes special.

I agree with the poster above who said that our Offense is equally important. We have to either score a lot of points or hold onto the ball for most of the game with long sustaining drives.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about the Geoff Collins factor? He spent 4 years scheming against basically this same LSU offense, including last year against Fournette. I had to double-check because I couldn't believe it but Miss State held Fournette to 38 yards on 7 carries last year. However, somehow LSU's offense lit them up passing for 341 yards. MSU won the game 34-29.

I think Collins helped our defense against Ole Miss and I think his prior knowledge will help us this week also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n295762 said:
How about the Geoff Collins factor? He spent 4 years scheming against basically this same LSU offense, including last year against Fournette. I had to double-check because I couldn't believe it but Miss State held Fournette to 38 yards on 7 carries last year. However, somehow LSU's offense lit them up passing for 341 yards. MSU won the game 34-29.

I think Collins helped our defense against Ole Miss and I think his prior knowledge will help us this week also.
Cowbell had a huge lead and nearly lost due to playing bend and prevent D. Of course that was most games. Fournette was hurt.

Two of the TDs and half the yards were in the last couple of minutes of the game. I'm fairly certain our dbs won't get toasted like cowbel's did. If Harris is throwing then we will be getting picks.

I'm not as certain that our OL can help us get a lead to force them to throw early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.