UF hikes season ticket prices 15%

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I figured that part was obvious, but $380 for 7 games, several of them GREAT games, is a steal.
It really is. That said, I've vowed not to spend a dime until we hire a a real HC. Until they feel it in the wallet they'll take the tallest midget in the East as a sign that things are fine.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty daggone affordable, I'd be there if I lived there. That home schedule next year is one of the best ever.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It really is. That said, I've vowed not to spend a dime until we hire a a real HC. Until they feel it in the wallet they'll take the tallest midget in the East as a sign that things are fine.
Swamp Ass could learn a thing or two from you.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yup. Enjoy all that leg room.

Remember when we used to laugh at Clowns and Cains for having empty stadiums? Good times.
I'm still happy to sacrifice leg room and comfort and increase my chance for skin cancer so I can be one of the filled seats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I meant enjoy the extra legroom bc of the empty seats.

I see I hasnt that clear.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
:wobble:..and maybe I'll hold my breath, too! lol..

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Remember when we used to laugh at Clowns and Cains for having empty stadiums?
Seems like yesterday. One thing I do have to give Jimbo and the Clowns credit for is they never stopped to settle for a crappy ACC division title or even the ACC title, hell their stadium was thinning out back when Bowden was winning those in the mid 2000's with a 7-5 overall record, because they knew the fan base wasn't impressed. Boy has our mindset changed around here.....

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crap product on the field so the tickets from the scalpers are cheap but sometimes they can't even give them away

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I hear some on here wanting to spend massive amounts. They want new and better (or even the best) facilities. They want to open the vault to pay football coaches whatever it might take to get their desired individuals (not remembering everyone has a lot of money), so what do you expect prices to go down?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd expect them to use the 20 million a year in EXTRA espn money they got last year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hear some on here wanting to spend massive amounts. They want new and better (or even the best) facilities. They want to open the vault to pay football coaches whatever it might take to get their desired individuals (not remembering everyone has a lot of money), so what do you expect prices to go down?

Go read post #16. This question has been asked and answered. Please read through the thread next time.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where's the money to be spent on door prize drawings? And rebates for low scores? That would be cool.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Go read post #16. This question has been asked and answered. Please read through the thread next time.

I don't always read the entire thread but post 16 does not answer the question at least in my view. Who knows what the actual effect of the increase might be. If we actually improve it might be very positive, and most who want a ticket would not really be bothered by this. Now I would have justified the increase not just we are cheap compared to others. I note your request, but probably won't comply.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't always read the entire thread but post 16 does not answer the question at least in my view. Who knows what the actual effect of the increase might be. If we actually improve it might be very positive, and most who want a ticket would not really be bothered by this. Now I would have justified the increase not just we are cheap compared to others. I note your request, but probably won't comply.

Regardless, tell me when any company or business raises prices when the demand is low?

Sure, we all want upgrades. Foley has been saving pennies for a decade (not upgrading). Where has that money gone? We are getting more than $20 million/year more now than we did just 3, 4 years ago. There's no need to raise prices. In fact, one could argue they should lower prices to sell MORE season tickets vs. having a partially full stadium.

But hey, you pumpers can keep justifying this sh*t-show that's going on in Gainesville....weather you read the full thread or not.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Regardless, tell me when any company or business raises prices when the demand is low?

Sure, we all want upgrades. Foley has been saving pennies for a decade (not upgrading). Where has that money gone? We are getting more than $20 million/year more now than we did just 3, 4 years ago. There's no need to raise prices. In fact, one could argue they should lower prices to sell MORE season tickets vs. having a partially full stadium.

But hey, you pumpers can keep justifying this sh*t-show that's going on in Gainesville....weather you read the full thread or not.

Perhaps foolish ones, and I am not a pumper or at least I don't think of myself as one. I won't pretend to know the actual effect of the increase. It might make more revenue, or not. And the money that Foley did not spend is debt that we don't owe.

Now I don't see how throwing money at an issue (under performance of our football program) solves it. Now it might be interesting to see actual data on why players are not flocking to UF given what we see as a great opportunity. Such data is not really in existence.

Some of that money went into facilities required by the SEC network, and some went to support those not important to you sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.