UF Media Day

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who hasn't watched this, needs to. Find the time, grab a cold beverage of your choice (preferably iced tea, lemonade or better yet a Gatorade!) and sit down and listen to what coach Mac has to say.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is, by far, the best press conference that he has given. He's actually answering questions. Says the offense struggled because of OL but that is now a strength. Says he was brought in to revitalize the offense and win games. And when it comes to winning games he had to bluff a little bit and scrap a claw to make it happen.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is, by far, the best press conference that he has given. He's actually answering questions. Says the offense struggled because of OL but that is now a strength. Says he was brought in to revitalize the offense and win games. And when it comes to winning games he had to bluff a little bit and scrap a claw to make it happen.
hmm... that makes me think things may very well be getting better. I'd have to believe if it weren't looking better, or if he actually meant all that "weve played well, we got to atlanta, the offense has done a good job, LDR is 5-1" talk he's done the last 2 years, then he wouldnt be basically saying he was bluffing before.

Crossing my fingers the coaches are seeing things that indicate we might actually be functional on offense.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No doubt the offensive line hindered the offense, especially in 2015, but I'm pretty sure poor QB play was a problem too.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
zomg @28:32.

Q. Jim, what's the weirdest place you've ever come up with a new play?
A. (laughs) I'm not too sure I can answer that in public...(with a slightly embarrassed look on his face).:lmao2:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hmm... that makes me think things may very well be getting better. I'd have to believe if it weren't looking better, or if he actually meant all that "weve played well, we got to atlanta, the offense has done a good job, LDR is 5-1" talk he's done the last 2 years, then he wouldnt be basically saying he was bluffing before.

Crossing my fingers the coaches are seeing things that indicate we might actually be functional on offense.

Well – he did say that Del Rio would have been 5-0 if he had not played him against Arkansas.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He says DT is an issue and there's nothing worse than getting gutted.

Says Taven Bryan has been here long enough and needs to bring it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2fe5b236237de3ce36edb2288616eff0--hee-haw-party-country-singers.jpg

TLDL.

I exceeded my AND YET quota for the year around January 5th.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He says DT is an issue and there's nothing worse than getting gutted.
So I guess he thought the Defensive Tackle Fairy was going to put some under his pillow if he wished hard enough.

This fvkktard just figured this out, huh?

Why doesn't anyone ask him why he didn't bother to recruit DTs in his first two classes?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cece is 252lbs. Way lighter than I'd expect.
He really didn't need to lose weight, he was fast enough, but he just wasn't big enough to take on two 315 pound SEC C/Gs and play inside. Maybe he felt he lost a step or maybe he just did it because it was the only way to move back outside.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's been pretty funny in this one. Another one of my favorite quotes:

"there sure are a lot of people wearing 15 out there. I didn't realize that Eddie had so many fans."

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Not a big Del Rio fan but he gave it all on the field last year in the Arky game... He shouldn't have been out there much the second half, Very obvious he was one hurtin' pup

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cece is 252lbs. Way lighter than I'd expect.

This is disappointing to hear. He specifically said (in the spring) that he intended to get over 260 by the fall. If he's 252 now, that means he likely loses a few pounds during camp (right?). Very disappointing...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Without a doubt it's his best PC, and one of the rare times he actually looks legitimately comfortable up there. Not only did he answer their questions, he also allowed the reporters to finish their question, which was a real pet peeve of mine. I think it's obvious he's been coached up in that regard, because as the interview drug on, he reverted back to some of his old habits. I counted 11 "and yet"s, with 9 occurring in the the back stretch, and just about everyone in the last 20 minutes or so was interrupted with some form of corny joke or a rushed answer. Still light years better than the past.

I appreciate the blunt nature of his assessment, and his not making any excuses or setting the stage for not quite getting it done. Even with injuries, he essentially said that, within reason, all teams face the same challenge of keeping themselves healthy. Multiple times mentioned "putting the heat" on the team, himself and assistants. You can see that there's definitely no lack of confidence. And unlike previous years where he admittedly felt they were fighting just to survive, he expects to win this year, with this group. Talk is cheap, but I have to say I liked the energy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.