UF players take on QB competition

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So Appleby is a runner? Translation, he doesn't see the field as well as LDR. When the first or second read isnt there he gets happy feet and looks to take off.
Give me LDR please.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like the safety likes applebee better because he throws him the ball

I think we are hearing the running stuff about Appleby because he probably ran a few of the defenders over in practice. He is a load and will flatten safeties sometimes like Tebow did. He flattened a few LBs in games while at Purdue.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously, being a good runner is not mutually exclusive from being a good passer. Grier could run very well despite being a pass first guy. We have no idea that Appleby is choosing to run while ignoring downfield receivers. This is merely speculation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are hearing the running stuff about Appleby because he probably ran a few of the defenders over in practice. He is a load and will flatten safeties sometimes like Tebow did. He flattened a few LBs in games while at Purdue.
Sounds like driskel. Fast, strong and throws alot of picks

Sep 29, 2015
Coachspeak. They always talk up the guys behind so that the #1 works harder.

I read the same thing between the lines. There is no purpose to serve by trashing the number 2.

To CG's point above yours, this shows that the team is buying what Mac is selling.

My favorite quote from the article: Luke is "Very, very good in the redzone." This has been a major problem.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can't really trust anything coming out of fall camp. The message is crafted by the coaches and distributed down to the players. There is a reason certain players are allowed to talk to the media... they understand the message that needs to be delivered.

Maybe the QB competition is close... who knows, but is there anybody who wouldn't be completely shocked if Del Rio is not named the starter?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like driskel. Fast, strong and throws alot of picks

The picks part maybe but unlike Driskel he isn't hesitant at all and plays like a gamer. He punishes defenders many times. Look for Mac to put Appleby in a few times near the goal line if we are having a hard time running against a good D line there. I think he will be used some like Tebow was in 06 - not nearly that much but in some situations.

Most of his picks were just forcing the ball a little too much and not the crazy ones like Driskel had where you just shook your head in disbelief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.