UF QB Situation

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As of 04-07-17, it's Franks or Bust! Let's start working through the inevitable 'freshman' uhh, no meaningful game day touches blues... Go Gators!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go one step further. If the season started today it would be Fro-ney. (Franks-Toney)You heard it here first.

We'll need Toney on the field this year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Toney or bust....Franks will struggle once the rubber meets the road. Sorry but the fact of the matter is even though he dropped 2 nice passes in last night anyone could obviously see this offense getting shut down for long periods during games like they did last year with LDR. The only way we have a successful season next year is to put the ball into a playmakers hands on every snap(run or pass) the way Bama did last year. We finally look like we have a true pass/run threat again at QB since you know who was run out of town. None of the others have the look of a true D1 quality QB to me but I'm sure McButternuss will put one of the other statues back there....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
As the eternal optimist and :pumper: I predict we will find a QB that will be much improved over what we had the last decade. Or good enough to make the offense MUCH less offensive to our long suffering critics. KyleT was thrown to the wolves and with the first unit looked much better. It is all about what happens in real time against real teams. We wont know till the first game. And thankfully we wont have to wait till the 3rd game (like we usually do) to see if our guys can play big boy football, I will be MUCH MORE EXCITED about game one this year than ever. By God I am getting excited about it right now as we debate. I am already hating hardball and anything like a wolverine. Gators would probably make an hors d'oeuvre out of one.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'm not paid over 3 million a year to identify good QB's.....Who have you seen perform to Griers slightly better than average ability or numbers since our highly paid QB Guru has been in town? If I'm left with average or awful as an option I'm smart enough to chose average though.....

Yes of course and he nor any other college coach is actually worth that much, it is just competition and the large amount of money willing at football generates that means he gets that. And of course not all of that pay if for coaching. Some is for doing publicity, and some is to have say Nike as our supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.