UF quarterbacks learning from the best at Brantley Camp

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yeah, don't know why the hell you're laughing about our Qb and wr's putting in more work together.John Brantley III the old man was a pretty good Qb, and like Alex said the Manning Academy always have some of the best Qb's and coaches in the biz,BrantleyIII wouldn't be coaching with them if he wasn't a good teacher. And yes it is good to know the wr's run crisp routes don't drop anything etc.
I agree Sonoma... Can't we be positive about something? Extra work is good to hear!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swampy;n19336 said:
Since when is extra reps a bad thing?
:facepalm:

Please tell me the regular season isn't going to be like this.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Yeah, don't know why the hell you're laughing about our Qb and wr's putting in more work together.John Brantley III the old man was a pretty good Qb, and like Alex said the Manning Academy always have some of the best Qb's and coaches in the biz,BrantleyIII wouldn't be coaching with them if he wasn't a good teacher. And yes it is good to know the wr's run crisp routes don't drop anything etc.
JB3 was a good QB? In three years he completed a total of 99 of 204 passes for 1515 yards with 13 TDs and 14 Ints and the team's record was 10-21-1.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People can laugh about Brantley but when he got more than 2 seconds to throw the few times someone on the O Line wasn't acting as a turnstile he could actually find a 2nd read many times unlike Driskel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“Don't commit to a coach,” Driskel said. “We have a sixth-year receiver, Andre Dubose, who is on his sixth wide receivers coach. That can happen.” Driskel added: “Commit to a program, not a coach.”

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't forget the three-hour session on how to curl up into the fetal position when a defender comes within two yards of you in a solid pocket.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n19382 said:
Don't forget the three-hour session on how to curl up into the fetal position when a defender comes within two yards of you in a solid pocket.

Don't remember that except when the pocket collapsed usually the few times one even formed in 2010/11.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
by what was it ? 78 which was the only year, as far as I can remember, he started dickey had completely driven the team into the ground, Brantley didn't have any support around him. The 77-78 teams were the main reason we went 0-10-1.Stats do not tell the whole story ever,look at Archie Manning, losing record just about or every year in the NFl. Did he suck , no he was stuck on a ****ty team. Was Brantley III an NFL or star Qb ? no but he didn't suck.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n19391 said:
Don't remember that except when the pocket collapsed usually the few times one even formed in 2010/11.

This, and if I remember correctly that was the season he had injured ribs. He knows the game no question, actually he'll probably be a good coach, just don't think he had the mental toughness for the position.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:hahaha:

Obviously everything about UF, including former players, Sucks!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n19502 said:

Yeah! :dance2:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You get it! :banana:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce coupe;n19502 said:

We should all just convert to Bucknuts.
:run:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n19443 said:
This, and if I remember correctly that was the season he had injured ribs. He knows the game no question, actually he'll probably be a good coach, just don't think he had the mental toughness for the position.

Very few kids come out of high school with the knowledge of the game he had. I don't know if it was mental toughiness, lack of SEC ability, poor offensive coaching, or lack of mental fortitude that was his downfall. I would say a combination of them all. But he knows the game, and probably would make a decent to good coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought he played for fsu, he really liked to throw to em

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_387.gif
    conv_387.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 71

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n19265 said:
Apparently Halifax now requires you to sign in in order to read the article. If this isn't a sign they're feeling the loss of traffic due to closing the forums, I don't know what is.
:lmao:

They allow 5 articles for free per month. Plus, you have the surveys you must complete. If you know how, they can all be bypassed. No, I will not share because I don't want them to stifle my creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.