UF quarterbacks since 2010

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've stated many times before, if John Brantley doesn't reopen his recruiting, somewhat at the insistence of Bell, we more than likely have at least one more trophy in our case, probably never experience WM, and are in a completely different situation right now.

Ftr, I love Bell and i know he had great intentions. But in retrospect, that move was detrimental to the program. No way we let Cam leave, or get kicked out, if he was the guy take over post Tebow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've stated many times before, if John Brantley doesn't reopen his recruiting, somewhat at the insistence of Bell...
You think Brantley caused Cam to steal or Creyer to lie to Cam about using him like Tebow was used the year before as the third and shirt guy, which I heard with my own two ears, depending which theory you prefer?

Frankly, the theory that Cam would have learned to pass sans a real QB coach is questionable at least and maybe preposterous. Cam was HIGHLY inaccurate at UF. Whatever they taught him at Blinn worked. Every QB Dan Mullen ever touched got worse each year.

BTW how did Bell get this influence over Creyer?

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think Brantley caused Cam to steal or Creyer to lie to Cam about using him like Tebow was used the year before (depending which theory you prefer)?

Frankly, the theory that Cam would have learned to pass sans a real QB coach is questionable. He was HIGHLY inaccurate at UF. Whatever they taught him at Blinn worked. Every QB Dan Mullen ever touched got worse each year.

I don't think that Brantley's presence caused Cam to do all of that, but I don't think we would've let Cam go if Brantley was not here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You think Brantley caused Cam to steal or Creyer to lie to Cam about using him like Tebow was used the year before as the third and shirt guy, which I heard with my own two ears, depending which theory you prefer?

Frankly, the theory that Cam would have learned to pass sans a real QB coach is questionable at least and maybe preposterous. Cam was HIGHLY inaccurate at UF. Whatever they taught him at Blinn worked. Every QB Dan Mullen ever touched got worse each year.

BTW how did Bell get this influence over Creyer?

You're reading the Bell part incorrectly. But in essence, the moment JB wanted to look at UF again, Meyer had no choice but to recruit him, even bough he already had Tebow's successor in the fold. So ibguess you could say Bell indirectly forced Meyer's hand since he was an integral part of that.

As to the other part, yes Cam had his deficiencies in the passing game. But he was also a FR and Soph when we saw him. I don't think anyone, even you, wants to debate that Cam starting for Meyer in 2010 and maybe 2011 wouldn't have been an upgrade to the freak show we rolled out those years. And yes, I don't doubt Meyer would've found a way to keep him in the fold despite his issues. And as for telling him he's be the 3rd down back, you're missing the part of the premise that JB isn't there at all, which is what was originally designed.

My hypothesis is that a current NFL star, recruited by a guy who understands winning maybe as much as anyone in CFB, would've been a better fit for us in his last 2 years than a guy who was arguably one of UF's worst QBs since Douglas in '89. Your contention is that Cam was garbage but was bailed out by a year in JuCo where he received the priceless tutelage that made him what he is today.

Regroup. You're better than this.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I found this on Amazon Books. "Great Gator Quarterbacks since 2010"
9322619-Open-hardcover-book-with-blank-pages-Stock-Photo.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And as for telling him he's be the 3rd down back, you're missing the part of the premise that JB isn't there at all, which is what was originally designed.
Its because I live in the real world, not a fantasy land of what if Cam didnt leave or Grier didnt stick needles in his ass.

There are two theories as to why Scam left, the first is that Creyer ran him off bc he doesnt like criminoles who toss computers out their window. We keep a TE who shot two people in the face but ran a guy off for, at worst a misdemeanor theft? That theory is laughable.

The second theory is that Cam was leaving bc he was pissed at Creyer for lying. This is obviously the only thing that makes any sense.
Creyer ran him off plain and simple.

It isnt Brantley or anyone else's fault. Creyer lied and Cam pouted and left. Cam wanted to play now and didnt get his way. So he ran off.

The Creyer cancer had spread throughout the program by 2010. The problem wasnt talent, it was lack of coaching. Remember Creyer proudly noting that he had the program stock and built just the way he wanted? :snicker:
UF's worst QBs since Douglas in '89. .
Not even close. Brantley threw for more yards in a year than Drisktard did in his career at UF. Drisktard sucked so bad he made true freshman Treon look like an obviously huge improvement.

As for The Mullet, Tebow's best year was 2007 and he got progressively worse (relatively speaking, he was obviously still a good QB). Same thing for for Dak Prescott and every other Mullett QB.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a big secret that Cam was going to get expelled from UF for academic fraud. He had hearing dates set up on at least 2 counts of academic fraud. He was never staying. Had nothing to do with being a criminal. Meyer was fine with that, as stated by others.

I guess there is a chance he walked on the academic fraud, but my understanding is that Urban wasn't allowed to meddle with it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Its because I live in the real world, not a fantasy land of what if Cam didnt leave or Grier didnt stick needles in his ass.

There are two theories as to why Scam left, the first is that Creyer ran him off bc he doesnt like criminoles who toss computers out their window. We keep a TE who shot two people in the face but ran a guy off for, at worst a misdemeanor theft? That theory is laughable.

The second theory is that Cam was leaving bc he was pissed at Creyer for lying. This is obviously the only thing that makes any sense.

It isnt Brantley or anyone else's fault. Creyer lied and Cam pouted and left. Cam wanted to play now and didnt get his way. So he ran off.

The Creyer cancer had spread throughout the program by 2010. The problem wasnt talent, it was lack of coaching. Remember Creyer proudly noting that he had the program stock and built just the way he wanted? :snicker:

Not even close. Brantley threw for more yards in a year than Drisktard did in his career.

You're still missing the point in the Cam dismissal. Meyer's track record, as you point out, is that stars were given a pass and star treatment. If Cam is the only guy behind Tebow, he does everything in his power to make him stay. As it was, he supposedly lied to him, ultimately running him off. That's not Meyer's style at all. He know it was over the moment Tebow left because of what was behind him, which is why he left/questioned staying.

As to the last point, I clearly said Brantley WAS arguably one of the worst QB since Douglas. Not only is it time stamped so as not to include future players, i also said "one of" making it more than accurate.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Not even close. Brantley threw for more yards in a year than Drisktard did in his career at UF. Drisktard sucked so bad he made true freshman Treon look like an obviously huge improvement.

As for The Mullet, Tebow's best year was 2007 and he got progressively worse (relatively speaking, he was obviously still a good QB). Same thing for for Dak Prescott and every other Mullett QB.
This. Still paying.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I almost fell out of my chair. That bozo color man mostly talked about how chump left a ton of talent for Mac. That dude must not do much homework prior to the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought was hilarious they would say yhat, then show the graphic of all the quarterbacks that have left. Then use that as the reason for our offensive issues.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Thought was hilarious they would say yhat, then show the graphic of all the quarterbacks that have left. Then use that as the reason for our offensive issues.

Well, it IS a huge reason. They just did a horrible job of connecting the dots.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it IS a huge reason. They just did a horrible job of connecting the dots.

that and not recruiting offensive line. Having only 4 scholarship O-linemen going into 2015 recruiting cycle, Coach McElwain has his work cut out for him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't expect much out of the qb position until jake Allen's redshirt freshman/soph year. We should have built up enough depth and talent around him and he looks like a stud.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, Baby. life in the AT Era (After Tebow) has been a b.i.t.c.h. for the JORT Caliphate.

Even though we've had one schitty QB after another or an inept coach (see Will Muschamp), we still haven't lost to your stupid asses since Bush was in office.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not even close. Brantley threw for more yards in a year than Drisktard did in his career at UF.
I was no big fan of Brantley when he was here however I often wonder how he would have looked with a real RB and at least 1 or 2 real WR's instead of Urban's hodge podge that he left in 2010. Sure there were a few good players around him but it was mostly a splintered collection of misfits offensively as it has remained for the last 5 years.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though we've had one schitty QB after another or an inept coach (see Will Muschamp), we still haven't lost to your stupid asses since Bush was in office.
Well, son, that's all about to change. Where have you been? Your program is hell bent for election to the toilette while Tennessee is the Phoenix rising.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a big secret that Cam was going to get expelled from UF for academic fraud. He had hearing dates set up on at least 2 counts of academic fraud. He was never staying. Had nothing to do with being a criminal. Meyer was fine with that, as stated by others.

I guess there is a chance he walked on the academic fraud, but my understanding is that Urban wasn't allowed to meddle with it.
I think you nailed it. I remember the rumors of cheating and impending expulsion, so he was soon gone anyway. It wasn't much of a decision for Meyer to make.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, son, that's all about to change. Where have you been? Your program is hell bent for election to the toilette while Tennessee is the Phoenix rising.
How many years can you continue to type this before you stop believing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.