UF's Marshall, Taylor and Brown nominated for Hall of Fame

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, Fred Taylor and Lomas Brown are also in this class.

Which 25 out of this group would you nominate as semifinalists? Mine are in bold. This was NOT easy.

QUARTERBACKS
(5) – Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNabb

RUNNING BACKS
(10) – Earnest Byner, Roger Craig, Eddie George, Edgerrin James - Ricky Waters is on the edge.

WIDE RECEIVERS
(13) – *Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Randy Moss, *Terrell Owens, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith, John Taylor, Hines Ward

TIGHT END
(4) – Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Jay Novacek

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
(21) – Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), *Alan Faneca (G), Bill Fralic (G/T), Chris Hinton (G/T), Steve Hutchinson (G), *Joe Jacoby (T), Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Jeff Saturday (C), Richmond Webb (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
(11) – La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Bryant Young (DT) - Maybe Neil Smith (DE)

LINEBACKERS
(15) – Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

DEFENSIVE BACKS
(12) – Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Ronde Barber (CB/S), LeRoy Butler (S), *Brian Dawkins (SS), Rodney Harrison (S), *Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Darren Woodson (S)

KICKERS/PUNTER
(3) – Gary Anderson (K), Sean Landeta (P),

SPECIAL TEAMS
(2) – Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

COACHES
(12) – *Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Dick Vermeil

A crap ton of these guys should already be in the Hall. I changed your list above to reflect who I think should be in the HOF.

Virtually all the DBs, Linebackers, OL, and Receivers

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Possibly had the greatest performance ever by Gator defensive player against USC in 82.

The first Great game in the Florida modern era. There were many more in the 80's 90's and 00's but that was the first Great one
and you always remember your first. It was one helluva day to be at Florida Field.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The first Great game in the Florida modern era. There were many more in the 80's 90's and 00's but that was the first Great one
and you always remember your first. It was one helluva day to be at Florida Field.

'Trojans are Disposable' ... it was a Great Day to be a Gator

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Randall Cunningham? Really? Had to look it but he started in two probowls, was a backup two other times?

Is that really HOF material? I dont even consider him second tier much less hof level.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's a lot of really good linebackers:

Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Seth Joyner, Ray Lewis, Greg Lloyd, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Joey Porter, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher

Should we eliminate the murderers on the list or is that now acceptable behavior in the NFL unless your name is Hernandez?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should we eliminate the murderers on the list or is that now acceptable behavior in the NFL unless your name is Hernandez?

All behavior is acceptable in the NFL. Until you're in jail and can't play because you're actually incarcerated.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All behavior is acceptable in the NFL. Until you're in jail and can't play because you're actually incarcerated.

NOT TRUE.
You can rape, assault, and murder and continue to play but if you blurt out a racial slur, you are history. Right Riley?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NOT TRUE.
You can rape, assault, and murder and continue to play but if you blurt out a racial slur, you are history. Right Riley?

:facepalm:

I'm not saying that it's acceptable. I'm saying that the NFL thinks it's acceptable. If they didn't, Zeke wouldn't be playing this weekend.

NFL lost all credibility years ago.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

I'm not saying that it's acceptable. I'm saying that the NFL thinks it's acceptable. If they didn't, Zeke wouldn't be playing this weekend.

NFL lost all credibility years ago.

Agreed, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to expose the hypocrisy even further

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Randall Cunningham? Really? Had to look it but he started in two probowls, was a backup two other times?

Is that really HOF material? I dont even consider him second tier much less hof level.

C'mon, Law, Cunningham was a pioneer. He's probably the best QB ever after Brady and Montana. He'd have had 10 Pro Bowl starts if he wasn't black. You're just being a racist.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Mainly because he changed the position. But he did have 4 pro bowls, 2 all pro first team seasons and 2 all pro 2nd team seasons.

Still 3rd on all time rushing yards for a QB.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cunningham was the most athletic quarterback to play in the NFL, not the best athlete playing quarterback, but best quarterback who was athletic. If he didn't play in Philly he would have had a better career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator