UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Zach Abolverdi:
Just spoke to 5-star QB Justin Fields. He said Georgia and Florida are recruiting him the hardest, then added Florida State to that group.

What he wants to see on his upcoming UF visit:
"I just want to hang out there with the coaches and just see how they are. Just relax back and not (talk) all about football stuff."

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Abolverdi:
Just spoke to 5-star QB Justin Fields. He said Georgia and Florida are recruiting him the hardest, then added Florida State to that group.

What he wants to see on his upcoming UF visit:
"I just want to hang out there with the coaches and just see how they are. Just relax back and not (talk) all about football stuff."

This sounds good to me. He wants to see how well he's going to fit in here.

I'm starting to think we pull this off.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Disclaimer: I don't really mean "screw clement". It's a saying...Like...screw that, let's get Fields. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally LOVE Clement as a person and scholar athlete. No Clements were harmed during the typing of this post.

What a unique combination of humor and condescension. Congrats, I guess?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems pretty accurate from those few highlights. Of course they wouldn't show the bad throws probably.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The last 7 Crystal Balls are now to FSU on FIelds and it is down to 33% on 247. And none are FSU homers either, fyi.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The last 7 Crystal Balls are now to FSU on FIelds and it is down to 33% on 247. And none are FSU homers either, fyi.
funny-gif-tense-scene.gif

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And few have any real connection. Pretty sure most have zero connection, and are just feeding off each other. There is good and bad in 247s system, good because it can display momentum, bad because it may not be accurate depending on how lazy these "analysts" are. IMO, unless there is some connection, even if it's regional, some of these guys should stay out of it. Some are just trying to pad their prediction stats.
I would pay more attention to the analysts that have given predictions from early on, and how they update throughout, than these guys that are just jumping in late in the game. Also, pay attention to those connected to a specific school, if they go against their school.

I'm telling you, so long as our staff doesn't blow it completely, there will be a shift back some once he visits UF.
Now that visit is supposedly going to happen this week...if it doesn't, all bets are off.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/5-Star-QB-Justin-Fields-says-7-schools-stand-out-53226511

Justin Fields has 7 schools that standout and 3 that are recruiting him the hardest.

Josh Newberg - 3 hours ago
6_5343884.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

Five-star quarterback Justin Fields has had a busy month of June. He started it off with a decommitment from Penn State, he then hit the road for visits to Georgia, Auburn and Florida State. After those visits were complete he rejoined his Cam Newton All-Star 7on7 team for the IMG National Championship, held this weekend in Bradenton Fla.

“(Being coached by Cam Newton) It’s definitely great. Growing up he was someone I modeled my game after, so it’s great learning from him,” Fields said.

When it comes to recruiting Fields says he does not have a leader, but there are a handful of teams that standout.

“I’m not talking to every school that’s offered me but I am talking to a certain amount of schools. I’m open to others but just not talking to them right now.”

Who are the teams in that top group?

“Georgia, Florida State, Florida, Auburn, North Carolina, Ole Miss and Alabama a little bit. I just don’t talk to the (Alabama) coaches as much as the others.”

Fields says he has three teams recruiting him the hardest right now.

“Georgia, Florida and Florida State,” he said.

Some have speculated that Fields sisters commitment to UGA to play softball could give the Dawgs the edge.

“I’m real close to my sister and everything, we’re great friends, but that’s not going to determine where I go. She just wants the best decision for me.”

Fields says he plans to take a trip to the University of Florida. He was not specific as to when it will occur, but he does know he’ll make it to Gainesville this summer.

“I want to be with the coaches, I just want to hangout there and just see what they are, relax back and not have it be all about football,” Fields said.

As for a final decision timeline, Fields did not know when that will be.

“I’m not sure when yet, I have no idea. I honestly do not know where I’ll go,” he added. “It’s going to come down to academics, player development, just knowing the coaches can make me into a better quarterback and I guess the relationships I have with the coaches and the relationships my parents have with those coaches.”

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Disclaimer: I don't really mean "screw clement". It's a saying...Like...screw that, let's get Fields. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I personally LOVE Clement as a person and scholar athlete. No Clements were harmed during the typing of this post.

I did agree with your point of wanting Fields to be a a Gator regardless of what other recruits are on board.

Fields if you're reading this thread and I'm guessing you are how about leading this 2018 class to a strong finish.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
And few have any real connection. Pretty sure most have zero connection, and are just feeding off each other. There is good and bad in 247s system, good because it can display momentum, bad because it may not be accurate depending on how lazy these "analysts" are. IMO, unless there is some connection, even if it's regional, some of these guys should stay out of it. Some are just trying to pad their prediction stats.
I would pay more attention to the analysts that have given predictions from early on, and how they update throughout, than these guys that are just jumping in late in the game. Also, pay attention to those connected to a specific school, if they go against their school.

I'm telling you, so long as our staff doesn't blow it completely, there will be a shift back some once he visits UF.
Now that visit is supposedly going to happen this week...if it doesn't, all bets are off.

You had me until "so long as our staff doesn't blow it completely".
myDrch.gif

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/justin-fields-recruiting-contenders

5-star QB Justin Fields goes in-depth on recruiting, contenders and decision
CSC_0208_shvziy.jpg

5-star quarterback Justin Fields throws Sunday at the NFA7v7 national championship.
Chris Kirschner/SEC Country
zachalboverdi_xbbxll.jpg

Zach Abolverdi
Posted 1 hour ago

BRADENTON, Fla. — Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is catching some shade underneath a cabana after his 7-on-7 team, led by 5-star QB Justin Fields, has notched a 31-8 win in its third game of the NFA7v7 national championship Sunday.

A reporter approaches Newton and requests an interview about Fields, the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat passer from Harrison High School in Kennesaw, Ga. Newton politely declines to talk, but does make this declaration:

“Justin Fields is the best recruit in the country. Write that down.”

CSC_0182_n23xbq.jpg

5-star quarterback Justin Fields (right) receives pointers from his 7v7 coach, Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

That’s quite a compliment from the 2015 NFL MVP and former Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn. It also serves as a testament to the transformation that Fields has made in the past year.

After all, he hasn’t always been the nation’s most talked-about prospect.

“I think it was before spring last year, I just wanted an offer from Mercer,” Fields said with a laugh. “So I’ve definitely come a long way.”

Fields now holds more than 40 scholarship offers, but Mercer doesn’t have much of shot. He’s being pursued by several powerhouse schools and big-name coaches who want him to be their quarterback of the future.

Fields believes he can be a program-changing player in college, but the Elite 11 finalist hasn’t always felt that way.

“No, I’m going to be honest,” Fields said. “I probably didn’t feel that way last year. I guess, I didn’t know I was this good. I feel like sometimes I doubt myself when I shouldn’t. God’s blessed me with a great gift.”

That gift was on display Sunday, as Fields picked apart several secondaries with his downfield vision and pin-point accuracy. He threw eight touchdown passes through the first three games with zero interceptions.

The pressure and expectations of being a high-profile quarterback doesn’t bother Fields, nor does the recruiting process.

“You just have to embrace it,” Fields said. “All the talk, you can’t let it get to your head. You just have to keep working, just how I was when I didn’t have any offers. So that’s just how I take it.”

“I don’t really text a lot of coaches, so it’s not really [weighing] that heavily on my life. It’s not really that big of a deal. I’m just taking things slow right now. It’s not that stressful.”

DSC_0083-1_hboeid.jpg

Justin Fields is ranked the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and No. 3 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)
Fields said Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Georgia are the main schools he’s focused on. He added that Alabama, North Carolina and Ole Miss are still involved a little bit.

“Georgia and Florida, those two are probably [recruiting] the hardest. Florida State, too,” said Fields, who will visit UF this week after recent trips to Georgia, Auburn and FSU.

Fields reiterated that he’s not sure when he’ll make a commitment, but he hopes to do so before his senior season. His determining factors are academics, relationships with coaches and their track record of player development.

Newton has advised Fields on his decision-making process.

“I honestly do not know where I’m going to go,” Fields said. “Cam tells me just do what’s best for me. All these colleges, they want you to come help them. But really, just find the best fit for you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator