UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The last 7 Crystal Balls are now to FSU on FIelds and it is down to 33% on 247. And none are FSU homers either, fyi.

ZachAbolverdi June 12

Believe in none of what you hear and half of what you see with Fields. He's not afraid to lie about his recruitment or say things to throw people off. That being said, I personally think FSU is No. 3 behind Auburn and Florida.

247Sports crystal ball
9_13870.gif
33% 29% 12%

12% 8%

I think there is a good chance that Fields is purposefully misdirecting the "experts". I think the fact that FSU has started offering other QBs and Florida has stopped recruiting other QBs is a telling sign where the two schools stand in the competition for Fields. Just guessing, but I think Auburn is the real competition.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. Fsu was offering other qb's when fields was on campus. I don't see fsu in the running here.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
In my opinion, not all of the "experts" that make crystal ball picks are equal. You can't always trust their % either as some have very few picks. For instance, Auburn beat reporter Benjamin Wolk has 100% (picked Auburn), but only has 5 picks ever. I trust someone more if they have a large number of picks and still have a high percentage.

For what it's worth, this is the guy I trust the most.

1_3026996.jpg

• Steve Wiltfong
  • 247Sports Director of Recruiting
  • Accuracy: 1042 / 1180
    88.31%
  • 6/06/17 8:18PM
    1_13870.gif
    UF

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Dude, seriously...lighten up. It's gonna be ok. I promise I wasn't trying to be disrespectful of Clement.

Yeah, you already established that, and I made comments acknowledging it. I'm referring to the passive-aggressive snark emanating from your follow up comments.

Does nobody else see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, you already established that, and I made comments acknowledging it. I'm referring to the passive-aggressive snark emanating from your follow up comments.

No, I have one person blocked on here, and I imagine many others do too. I can only assume that's who you're are quoting. It's been much nicer w/o seeing his nonsense

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

:crazy:
You just gotta know big T.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Applefart saying a kid is a gator might as well be the bright white flag of surrender :lol2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Applefart saying a kid is a gator might as well be the bright white flag of surrender :lol2:

Here, this will make you feel all warm inside.
Kids smart and he didn't fall for Jimbo's bullsh*t so that's definitely a plus. With UGA already having Eason/Frohm on roster and Auburn already having a QB in this class who's pretty good I'm starting to feel good about him also....

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else worried about Scam as his personal QB coach/advisor. This worries me more than anything, as there is no love lost between UF and Scam.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Anyone else worried about Scam as his personal QB coach/advisor. This worries me more than anything, as there is no love lost between UF and Scam.

You mean because scam didn't appreciate UF holding him accountable for his actions? Or maybe because he still acts like a child?

Honestly, I'm worried but it's hard to say how much he'll be in Fields' ear.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Newberg switched to "foggy" after claiming he had reason to fully switch him to FSU..tells you quite a bit.

It's now technically 29% tie with UF and FSU on 247.

Let the kid visit UF, and let's see what it looks like a week or so out from there.

Ask yourselves this question...why would FSU offer a 3* QB immediately after seeing Fields if he was such a lock to them?

Not saying he definitely comes to UF, but I don't believe he's going to FSU.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You mean because scam didn't appreciate UF holding him accountable for his actions? Or maybe because he still acts like a child?

Honestly, I'm worried but it's hard to say how much he'll be in Fields' ear.

Scam is a complete asshat and does not like UF, that is what worries me.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Fields said academics would play a big part for him and his parents, maybe this is where our new 50 million dollar academic building for student athletes will pay off.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think if Scam was gonna or could sway him away from Florida he wouldn't even be considering Florida.
He said he's not gonna try to convince him to go anywhere he needs to make the best choice for him and as much as I don't like him I have no reason not believe him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn has the proximity, cam and gus is a pretty good recruiter in their favor. I'd say auburn is the biggest threat, atleast from the outside looking in.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So Newberg switched to "foggy" after claiming he had reason to fully switch him to FSU..tells you quite a bit.

It's now technically 29% tie with UF and FSU on 247.

Let the kid visit UF, and let's see what it looks like a week or so out from there.

Ask yourselves this question...why would FSU offer a 3* QB immediately after seeing Fields if he was such a lock to them?

Not saying he definitely comes to UF, but I don't believe he's going to FSU.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator