UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
If Zaire starting helps us land Fields then that's what need to happen. Fields is a game changer, and Franks isn't there yet or may never be. Plus if Fields commits we'll pretty much land a top 5 class with all the stud recruits that he'll attract here. The future is brighter with Fields than it is with Franks.

Yes I agree that Fields has the potential of being a game changer but he's as unproven as Franks at the moment. Neither have played a single down of college football (at least not in a game).

Why is the future brighter with Fields?

I'm playing devils advocate but couldn't it be possible that Fields has maxed out and Franks is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. Only the future will tell.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm playing devils advocate but couldn't it be possible that Fields has maxed out and Franks is just starting to scratch the surface of his potential. Only the future will tell.

Maybe, but it's a reasonable question and I agree. Only the future will tell.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How often, how many times have you heard Mac stress right now, "The Now"?
Musta read it.
“All negativity is caused by an accumulation of psychological time and denial of the present. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry - all forms of fear - are caused by too much future, and
not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms
of nonforgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.”
Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I agree that Fields has the potential of being a game changer but he's as unproven as Franks at the moment. Neither have played a single down of college football (at least not in a game).

Why is the future brighter with Fields?

Frank's had little to no offensive coaching in highschool. He was really talented but very raw and needed to go somewhere with a track record of developing Qb's

Fields on the other hand is extremely polished and is better than Frank's in basically every aspect of playing Qb judging from what little tape is available for both.

Fields is rated much higher than Frank's was coming out because according to most experts and all of the recruiting sites he has all the tools to be a program changer type Qb the same was never said about Frank's.

I like Frank's and would much rather see him earn the starting spot over another transfer or LDR but he's not on the same level as Fields not even close.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Frank's had little to no offensive coaching in highschool. He was really talented but very raw and needed to go somewhere with a track record of developing Qb's

Fields on the other hand is extremely polished and is better than Frank's in basically every aspect of playing Qb judging from what little tape is available for both.

Thank you for proving my point.

Fields is a polished diamond while Franks is yet to be polished but has the potential to shine as bright or brighter.

My personal take is that we fans get erections over the newest 4 or 5 star and forget about the highly rated recruit we have on our roster that commited the year prior.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think Field's family has already visited so this would be second visit for mom. I don't know if they visited any of the other schools

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My personal take is that we fans get erections over the newest 4 or 5 star and forget about the highly rated recruit we have on our roster that commited the year prior.
Especially when they're light years behind where we need them to be.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I got excited and jumped the gun :oops:
qIUDrd.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5-star QB Justin Fields arrives at Florida for 2-day trip

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-visit-florida

Another look for Justin Fields
Another school is set to host the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback.

SEC Country first reported last Tuesday that Justin Fields would visit Florida this week. The 5-star QB confirmed plans a couple days ago during the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy, but did not give an exact day for the trip.

Now we know. Fields arrived in Gainesville on Tuesday night and will spend the night to get a full-day visit Wednesday. According to the Gainesville Sun’s Graham Hall, his mother is joining him on the trip.

That tidbit from Hall is significant news for the Gators. Fields visited Florida on May 6 with more than a half dozen family members, and now he’s returning to campus with one of his parents.

SEC Country spoke with reporters from Auburn, Florida State and Georgia, and to their knowledge Fields has not visited those schools with anyone other than his father. If true, UF has to be encouraged.

Another positive for the Gators is the arrival of their 2017 signees. It could leave a lasting impression on Fields if he’s exposed to a young group of players who are excited to be at Florida for enrollment.

He expressed a desire to be see Florida’s family atmosphere and culture on this week’s visit.

“I just want to hang out there with the coaches and just see how they are,” Fields said. “Just relax back and not (talk) all about football stuff.”

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SEC Country spoke with reporters from Auburn, Florida State and Georgia, and to their knowledge Fields has not visited those schools with anyone other than his father. If true, UF has to be encouraged.
:burn:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
5-star QB Justin Fields arrives at Florida for 2-day trip

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/justin-fields-visit-florida

Another look for Justin Fields
Another school is set to host the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback.

SEC Country first reported last Tuesday that Justin Fields would visit Florida this week. The 5-star QB confirmed plans a couple days ago during the NFA7v7 national championship at IMG Academy, but did not give an exact day for the trip.

Now we know. Fields arrived in Gainesville on Tuesday night and will spend the night to get a full-day visit Wednesday. According to the Gainesville Sun’s Graham Hall, his mother is joining him on the trip.

That tidbit from Hall is significant news for the Gators. Fields visited Florida on May 6 with more than a half dozen family members, and now he’s returning to campus with one of his parents.

Another positive for the Gators is the arrival of their 2017 signees. It could leave a lasting impression on Fields if he’s exposed to a young group of players who are excited to be at Florida for enrollment.

He expressed a desire to be see Florida’s family atmosphere and culture on this week’s visit.

“I just want to hang out there with the coaches and just see how they are,” Fields said. “Just relax back and not (talk) all about football stuff.”

Hmmm. Where have I heard that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator