Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Both the kid currently committed to Kintucky and NC State are better options IMO and neither are "projects" who need this and that fixed. That's really all Butters has ever looked for, a game manager not a game changer anyway, but none of those guys come with the flaws that our current crop of QBs have.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Both the kid currently committed to Kintucky and NC State are better options IMO and neither are "projects" who need this and that fixed. That's really all Butters has ever looked for, a game manager not a game changer anyway, but none of those guys come with the flaws that our current crop of QBs have.

Ok

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wrong again. You can fix off the field problems. You can't fix QBs who have no talent at this level. See: LDR, Treon, Zaire and AA.

By "fix," you mean "cover up?" Say for example, PEDs, stolen laptops, assault, sexual assault, stolen crab legs, academic fraud, etc?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When my daughter went through this process, she made 9 official visits, and quite a few unofficials. Each trip was humbling, and we got some "swag" from each place, took a few pictures, posted it on the interwebs, and everyone was up in arms.."Is she going here? Is she going there?" The message boards just couldn't figure it out.

When she was finally ready to commit, it was telecast on "The Ocho", and there she sat, with 8 offers and 4 hats in front of her...Gators, NYU, Stanford, and Butler. It was a tough, gut wrenching decision between 3 schools (mainly because she didn't get accepted to Stanford...I don't know why she had the hat there), but with her family surrounding her, she made the right choice, and picked the Gators, and they got the best damn history/sociology/pre-law candidate available that year!

Ok, that last part was made up...I don't even know if you can get an NYU hat, but the fact is..she was a kid that had a lot of options that took her time, looked at all the offers on her own schedule before jumping the gun, or making a "commitment" before she was ready.

Give the kid a chance to make the right decision.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, the tenor of this thread has changed dramatically. Interesting.

Fields visiting schools not even on his original list isn't very reassuring. Bama, OSU and USCw? Those came out of nowhere. And immediately after his UF visit. I do not think he's solid to UF as of right now like we wanted to believe.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, the tenor of this thread has changed dramatically. Interesting.

Fields visiting schools not even on his original list isn't very reassuring. Bama, OSU and USCw? Those came out of nowhere. And immediately after his UF visit. I do not think he's solid to UF as of right now like we wanted to believe.

Who besides IlovemesomeKanellJay26 thought that?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Back to recruiting in general... all this debate over the 2019 class. Why? We haven't even played the 2017 season yet. Ill worry about the 2019 recruiting class when the 2018 season is complete and mac is still the HC. If he doesn't have at least decent 2017 and 2018 seasons, the status of 2019's class is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.