UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So do you think the Mac extension will help in that regard?

No. I think having an exciting product will. And beating FSU.

Anybody can be fired at anytime and I don't think the majority of the kids have the intellectual experience to understand contracts, guaranteed monies, buyouts, etc.

They just want to be part of something exciting. Mac has actually recruited some really nice talent on the offensive side of the ball. Except for QB. If Franks or Zaire can drive this offense then I think we'll end up getting some of those 5 stars that will help us compete for titles.

My biggest worries are defense (they've done a poor job of accepting mediocre players and not focusing on elite skill players even though we have a reputation of being one of the best defensive NFL pipelines) and QB.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It may end up a top 5 class for all I know. It's just some people see number one and think wow...Mac must be doing great. He got 5-6 kids ranked 200 or higher to commit early. McRae could be special. He's always been decent at getting those mid-level kids. It's those kids that are top 5 at their position that IMHO he's struggled to get to Gainesville. You can't mistake effort for results.

Yeah I don't know. I always assume that people have somewhat of a brain and understand the context. However that's not a shared assumption around here so everything has to be spelled out and caveated. Or else you run into an offshoot of the Dunnng-Kruger effect where people who over rate their own intelligence tend to under rate everybody else's.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No. I think having an exciting product will. And beating FSU.

Anybody can be fired at anytime and I don't think the majority of the kids have the intellectual experience to understand contracts, guaranteed monies, buyouts, etc.

They just want to be part of something exciting. Mac has actually recruited some really nice talent on the offensive side of the ball. Except for QB. If Franks or Zaire can drive this offense then I think we'll end up getting some of those 5 stars that will help us compete for titles.

My biggest worries are defense (they've done a poor job of accepting mediocre players and not focusing on elite skill players even though we have a reputation of being one of the best defensive NFL pipelines) and QB.
Does that make you think of another coach we once had "cough muschamp". Muschamp focused on getting elite defensive players and got who he could on offense. Mac don't focus on any elite players, Fields is the 1st I've noticed him really focus on and I still don't think he closes the deal on Fields.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does that make you think of another coach we once had "cough muschamp". Muschamp focused on getting elite defensive players and got who he could on offense. Mac don't focus on any elite players, Fields is the 1st I've noticed him really focus on and I still don't think he closes the deal on Fields.

The difference between the two is that Mac does seem to get the bigger picture with facilities and with program building. He has also consistly won the east. Yes, the East has been dog shyt, but at least he has won it.

But he was brought in to fix our offense and we still look like crap. But I think the major reason for that is because we don't have a QB. Which is because he hasn't brought one on. He keeps bringing on retreads.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I don't know. I always assume that people have somewhat of a brain and understand the context. However that's not a shared assumption around here so everything has to be spelled out and caveated. Or else you run into an offshoot of the Dunnng-Kruger effect where people who over rate their own intelligence tend to under rate everybody else's.
hqdefault.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The difference between the two is that Mac does seem to get the bigger picture with facilities and with program building. He has also consistly won the east. Yes, the East has been dog shyt, but at least he has won it.

But he was brought in to fix our offense and we still look like crap. But I think the major reason for that is because we don't have a QB. Which is because he hasn't brought one on. He keeps bringing on retreads.
And the OLine was a disaster

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You're not trying to reopen your "Callaway is not that great" argument, are you?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You're not trying to reopen your "Callaway is not that great" argument, are you?
No need to do that he ranks 100+ in every category and 341st in tds so the numbers speak for themselves. And don't give me the he don't have a Qb Josh Gordon was one of the best Wr's in the NFL and he played for Cleveland and had Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, and Brandon Wheeten throwing to him but he found a way to dominate. Good Wr's find a way to get it done and Callaway takes games off

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I think Fields and family realize the great opportunity at UF. They're fully aware of the void at QB since Tebow. The 2 new ass't coach hires have really picked up the buzz on recruiting other talent to UF.

I think Fields and family know he can be a driver to bring UF back to the top again in CFB.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that it sounded like he expected to redshirt that first year. I mean Franks could blow the hell up here and it is a similar situation. Lots of unknowns. Stidham could blow up too and go draft. If he was smart he would wait till Dec and sign to find out what happens at each school. Injuries and unexpected play could enter the equation. A great opportunity could change into a bad one quick and vice versa.

Of course, but I would rather take my chances against Franks who couldn't win the starting job this year.. vs two 5* guys

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, but I would rather take my chances against Franks who couldn't win the starting job this year.. vs two 5* guys
I don't like your attitude. Just bc Franks could do shyt versus walkons doesn't mean he hasn't bee coached up by the QB Whisperer by now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is reporting a secret visit to another school by Fields...anyone know who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator