UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The reality is he's a mediocre coach and recruiter that rode a severe downturn in the SEC East to ATL.

He can't pick assistants and he hasn't done anything of note since he left Bama. The guy is Mr. Runner up. He can't coach or recruit a QB to save his life(job). QB whisperer my ass.

BREAKING NEWS! This is material we have never heard before! Did anyone else know this?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What signs? I'd love to hear them. No one is giving up. I don't think expecting 8-4 is giving up on the season.

Our offense was moving the ball against Bama early and well. Appleby missed a wide open Callaway for what would have been a second TD and turned that into an INT. It showed me that with a good QB that could have been a closer game. The game against Ole Miss with Will Grier showed me signs that the offense can score... the first half against UT. There are plenty of other times where I have seen WRs running open and the QB just not seeing them or missing them. That means the offensive system isn't the problem.

What is the problem... I definitely think Nuss is a problem. He has not shown me that he can consistently call a game and that he a good feel for the flow of the game or how to adjust to anything the defense is doing different from what is in the original film.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like we've put all our eggs in this basket, w/ a couple of feeler's on a few other lower ranked prospects. I can't believe we couldn't convince Williams to take a serious look at us.

From SEC Country:

Focus on Justin Fields
With Williams off the board, Fields and Jones become an even bigger priorities for the Gators.

Fields, the No. 1-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite, has been Florida’s No. 1 target at the position since he received an offer in February. Jones, the nation’s second-best dual-threat QB, has increased his communication the staff recently and plans to officially visit UF in the fall.

Florida is in second place for both quarterbacks, but the staff wants Fields more and also has a better chance with him.

This spring the Gators evaluated Auburn commit Joey Gatewood (Jacksonville, Fla.), Wisconsin commit Chase Wolf (Cincinnati, Ohio) and 3-star quarterback Riley Smith (Jacksonville, Fla.), among other signal callers. But Gatewood is not a take at this time, while Smith and Wolf have yet to receive offers.

The staff also slowed its recruitment of Miami commit Artur Sitkowski (Bradenton, Fla.) and Michigan pledge Joe Milton (Orlando, Fla.) prior to their decisions.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He can't pick assistants and he hasn't done anything of note since he left Bama.

I think taking a CSU team that went 3-9 the year before he joined and getting them to 10-3 is noteworthy. It shows that he can build a program from a losing program to a winning program.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our offense was moving the ball against Bama early and well. Appleby missed a wide open Callaway for what would have been a second TD and turned that into an INT. It showed me that with a good QB that could have been a closer game. The game against Ole Miss with Will Grier showed me signs that the offense can score... the first half against UT. There are plenty of other times where I have seen WRs running open and the QB just not seeing them or missing them. That means the offensive system isn't the problem.

What is the problem... I definitely think Nuss is a problem. He has not shown me that he can consistently call a game and that he a good feel for the flow of the game or how to adjust to anything the defense is doing different from what is in the original film.

So using the Ole Miss as a reason, does that mean that FSU has what it takes to be a great defense, because they stopped out 100+ ranked offense. Or that FAU had a great defense in 2015 because they stopped our juggernaut of an offense? Playing well against a 108 ranked pass defense is a false equivalence.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

The old "Ole Miss" line...from 2 year ago? 355 yards of total offense? LOL.

WRs running open all the time. LOL.

Bama? This is a joke, right? Yeah, we were hanging with Bama. LOL.

Mac and Nuss are joined at the hip. Mac's not firing his buddy. They'll both be gone at the same time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol we had four decent minutes vs Bammer and three good quarters vs Ole Miss.

I SEE PROGRESS. :lmao2:

You fvkkers are pathetic. Desperate straw-grasping blowout-lovin fools.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think taking a CSU team that went 3-9 the year before he joined and getting them to 10-3 is noteworthy. It shows that he can build a program from a losing program to a winning program.

LOL. He played one ranked team the whole time he was at CSU and lost.

It shows me that he played a bunch of nobodies. He seems to be able to beat them. He's what 2-8 vs ranked teams. Lord knows what it'll be after this year....3-12. The guy can't beat anyone good because he's not good himself.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
ATX...

200.gif

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

You really shouldnt encourage your son rex to be like you. He really feels empowered to be like daddy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Don't forget the 5 minutes against Tennessee in 2015 as well... it's going to be brought up.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. He played one ranked team the whole time he was at CSU and lost.

It shows me that he played a bunch of nobodies. He seems to be able to beat them. He's what 2-8 vs ranked teams. Lord knows what it'll be after this year....3-12. The guy can't beat anyone good because he's not good himself.

That is a good point. Colorado State is usually a team that competes against ranked opponents... they are a top tier team.. so that comparison is definitely a good one...

Seriously... he improved the record against the same level of competition and you can't recognize that is positive...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is a good point. Colorado State is usually a team that competes against ranked opponents... they are a top tier team.. so that comparison is definitely a good one...

Seriously... he improved the record against the same level of competition and you can't recognize that is positive...

I am thinking that OC at Colorado State that he didn't bring with him might have had more to do with that improvement seeing the difference in the offenses so far with Nuss being here.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am thinking that OC at Colorado State that he didn't bring with him might have had more to do with that improvement seeing the difference in the offenses so far with Nuss being here.
Doubt it.
Dave Baldwin has been at Oregon St since departing Co St.
In 2015 he was OC/TE coach. Oregon St was 115th in scoring offense that year. 60th in rushing offense and 116th in passing offense.

He was actually demoted to inside receivers coach with Kevin McGiven replacing him as OC for the 2016 season.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like we've put all our eggs in this basket, w/ a couple of feeler's on a few other lower ranked prospects. I can't believe we couldn't convince Williams to take a serious look at us.

From SEC Country:

Focus on Justin Fields
With Williams off the board, Fields and Jones become an even bigger priorities for the Gators.

Fields, the No. 1-ranked dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite, has been Florida’s No. 1 target at the position since he received an offer in February. Jones, the nation’s second-best dual-threat QB, has increased his communication the staff recently and plans to officially visit UF in the fall.

Florida is in second place for both quarterbacks
, but the staff wants Fields more and also has a better chance with him.

This spring the Gators evaluated Auburn commit Joey Gatewood (Jacksonville, Fla.), Wisconsin commit Chase Wolf (Cincinnati, Ohio) and 3-star quarterback Riley Smith (Jacksonville, Fla.), among other signal callers. But Gatewood is not a take at this time, while Smith and Wolf have yet to receive offers.

The staff also slowed its recruitment of Miami commit Artur Sitkowski (Bradenton, Fla.) and Michigan pledge Joe Milton (Orlando, Fla.) prior to their decisions.
The line I highlighted seems to be the most important one of the article. It seems like this staff finished in second place in recruiting on every major prospect we go after. Very frustrating.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I read that as just another twitter rumor...have you heard the same thing elsewhere?
That's what everyone in his camp is saying. Kid is "allegedly" sick of the process and wants to shut it down completely in the next couple of months. Theres also alot of smoke that he'll end up at UF or Clown U...not PSU. Like you said...we'll see soon!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what everyone in his camp is saying. Kid is "allegedly" sick of the process and wants to shut it down completely in the next couple of months. Theres also alot of smoke that he'll end up at UF or Clown U...not PSU. Like you said...we'll see soon!
So there is real smoke to this fire. Interesting.

He would be one hell of a get, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.