UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely not. I will be sooooo disappointed if this happens.

I wasn't asking you :shakehead:

:lol:

That said, he'd be our best QB and we'd have him for 2 years. I'd be happy with him or Franks to be honest. Plus, this all but guarantees LDR wouldn't be our starter which should make us all happy.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to statements Mac has said recently Zaire will probably end up being the starter against Michigan if he does come here.

Likely QB depth chart going into game 1:

1. Malik Zaire
2. LDR
3. Franks
4. Trask
5. Toney
6. Allen

When was the last time we were 6 deep at the QB position? :D

LDR will be no more than a coach. Book it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:yawn: Show me da money. Yes, if Bammer or Ugly needed a player, it would happen right now. The SEC ADs and rules committees have met several times since this rumor started. The rule may change when Bammer needs it to change, no doubt. Again, tell me the last time SEC did something to benefit UF.

I will believe it when I see it.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
:yawn: Show me da money. Yes, if Bammer or Ugly needed a player, it would happen right now. The SEC ADs and rules committees have met several times since this rumor started. The rule may change when Bammer needs it to change, no doubt. Again, tell me the last time SEC did something to benefit UF.

This wouldn't benefit UF period. It would just allow UF to maintain the status quo ... that being a never-ending carousel of graduate transfer quarterbacks, instead of developing your own by actually putting him in action.

And a notre dame quarterback at that. The worst kind...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I agreed with you, up until now. I think the rule is going to be tweaked just enough that he will be allowed to transfer here if he wants to.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I agreed with you, up until now. I thinm the rule ia going to be tweaked just enough that he will be allowed to transfer here if he wants to.

You know Law will be pessimistic no matter what we are discussing. Let's be real.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Please remind me of the last time the SEC did something that benefited us.

They put us in the SEC East, overall its been more beneficial for us to be in the East than the West I think. Couldn't imagine how many losing records we'd had here recently had we'd been in the West.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1. LDR
2. Zaire
3. Toney
3. Franks
4. Trask/ Allen
FIFY. Zaire won't even know the playbook. Not much doubt in my mind that Butters won't start him until October at the earliest if LDR is dressed.

When was the last time we were 6 deep at the QB position? :D
I can't imagine anyone looking at the depth chart of walkons, trash, and projects and thinking it's a good thing. None of those guys would play QB on one of our championship caliber teams.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
that being a never-ending carousel of graduate transfer quarterbacks, instead of developing your own by actually putting him in action.
Just putting poor freshmen QBs on the field doesn't make them any better.

I'm not much of a Zaire fan, but unfortunately he would probably be the most talented QB we have.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They put us in the SEC East, overall its been more beneficial for us to be in the East than the West I think. Couldn't imagine how many losing records we'd had here recently had we'd been in the West.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

That's true.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY. Zaire won't even know the playbook. Not much doubt in my mind that Butters won't start him until October at the earliest if LDR is dressed.
:lmao2: You're grasping at everything you can while your ship sinks faster than your boyfriends on this site can get your zipper down

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2: You're grasping at everything you can while your ship sinks faster than your boyfriends on this site can get your zipper down
Fly, SuperURG, fly!

me_815_1318005433.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.