UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When are they supposed to decide on this rule?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...me-transfer-qb-malik-zaire-may-ruled-florida/

Report: Notre Dame transfer QB Malik Zaire may have ruled out Florida

Florida has long-been speculated as a landing spot for Notre Dame transfer QB Malik Zaire, but a recent report suggests it may not be happening. Anwar Richardson of OrangeBloods.com reports that Zaire may announce his transfer destination on May 19. If that is the date, it would appear likely that the former Irish signal-caller has crossed the Gators off his list.

Follow
Anwar Richardson @AnwarRichardson

Was told Malik Zaire may announce his decision on May 19, before SEC meetings. That could eliminate UF, leaving Texas, Wisconsin & Harvard

11:06 AM - 5 May 2017 · Austin, TX

Due to past graduate transfers Mason Halter and Anthony Harrell failing to meet academic requirements at UF, the Gators are not allowed by the SEC to accept another graduate transfer at this time. The rule is expected to be addressed and potentially changed at the SEC spring meetings later this month, but those come after May 19.

Due to past graduate transfers Mason Halter and Anthony Harrell failing to meet academic requirements at UF, the Gators are not allowed by the SEC to accept another graduate transfer at this time. The rule is expected to be addressed and potentially changed at the SEC spring meetings later this month, but those come after May 19.

Gators coach Jim McElwain has not gone on the record about Zaire, but has stated he would be open to taking graduate transfers if the rule changes and the Gators have an open spot. Mutual interest between Florida and Zaire has been widely reported this spring. Last month, Zaire appeared to be reaching out to Gators players on social media.

UF is expected to have five scholarship quarterbacks on roster this fall, but if Zaire joined as a sixth, he would be the most experienced having played in 17 games (58-of-98 passing, 816 yards, 6 TD; 72 carries, 324 yards, 2 TD). The only other quarterback with game experience on Florida’s roster is Luke Del Rio, who appeared in three games at Oregon State in 2014 and six games in an injury-shortened season with the Gators last year. Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask are redshirt freshmen. Kadarius Toney is an early enrollee. Jake Allen, a 2017 signee, has not yet arrived on campus.

Franks was the top passer in Florida’s spring game, going 8-for-14 for 119 yards and a touchdown. Trask struggled with the second-team offense against the first-team defense, while Toney impressed as a potential Wildcat quarterback.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Harvard seems like a great option, little to no competition, great education, and national exposure if he is even decent against their minimal competitors.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
C_K7ZTgVwAAiXHa.jpg:large

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jake all swole up, don't rule him out....

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Looks like jake will be one of the 8,000 freshmen that brings a car to Gainesville only to find out they can't get a parking decal their first year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
* Shouldn’t the Gators be beyond the point of solving problems with grad transfer quarterbacks? :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire said he didn't have a set date to announce a team when asked about the SEC meeting stuff.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Zaire is obviously coming here...why wait so long. He's waiting to see if the rule is repealed or amended.

I am starting to think there's little doubt he is our day one starter.

The QB Transferer!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. It takes decades to build relationships and overcome what Meyer left behind.

Honestly wonder who pissed off more HS coaches in Florida Meyer who apparently was a complete dck to a number after this first National Championship if they didn't let him have his way... or Mushkank who was just a complete dck to a lot of them. And now we have this clusterfck of an staff who can't get out of their own way.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I am starting to think there's little doubt he is our day one starter.

The QB Transferer!

I agree. If he comes here, he will be the starter. Zaire is light years ahead of Franks right now. I'm not sure whether that is good or bad though. Zaire is an efficient QB. He's not flashy, but I do think he requires an OC that will tailor the offense to his strengths. I don't see the staff doing that. I'm afraid they'll just try to force him into their system resulting in a waste of his abilities.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. If he comes here, he will be the starter. Zaire is light years ahead of Franks right now. I'm not sure whether that is good or bad though. Zaire is an efficient QB. He's not flashy, but I do think he requires an OC that will tailor the offense to his strengths. I don't see the staff doing that. I'm afraid they'll just try to force him into their system resulting in a waste of his abilities.

This staff is rigid with its offense. They do not change it at all for players per Mac himself. I don't see them changing for Zaire either.

Here comes another 100+ offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator