Updated 2018 scholarship chart

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...rojected-scholarship-chart-for-2018-112028557
7940226.jpg

They show 17 scholarships available counting Calloway and Robinson as goners but not Pineiro. Who else is likely gone?
Their target column is extra screwed up this year with switching to a 3-4 defense. Apparently we have 7 safeties on scholarship but only one that can play the position (Marcell Harris). We need to run some safeties off or they need to learn to play CB. Can Harris get another year of eligibility? He took a redshirt year but now he can take a medical redshirt year - where's 'crete for a ruling on this?

I'll take a stab at it:
NT Target 3
We've got four 300+ DT's so prolly okay there

That leaves 22 scholarship front 7. So technically we need only 2 LOL
DE Target 8
LB Target 16

We've got 11 scholarship DB's and way too many are safeties. Technically we only need 3.
CB Target 7-8
S Target 5-6

From a numbers stand point we have bodies but from a quality stand point we need a lot of kids to find the door.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thought I heard that Marcell was declaring for the draft. Would love to have him back one more time.
Definitely agree that we need to purge the roles somewhat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take a stab at it:
NT Target 3
We've got four 300+ DT's so prolly okay there.
Look, in the 3-4 you have to have three 300 pounders on the field. You can't even get away with tweeners.

Polite might work as a strong-side DE, maybe Zachattack if he can get to 285 or so, but none of the rest of our DEs will work at all. The must be fast enough to move to linebacker or they need to pack their bags.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anyway you look at it we're too small. But you have to work with what you have. Right now we've got
NT Khari Clark 315 RJR, Kyree Cambell 305 Fr, Tederall Slaton 358 Fr
DT Tavin Bryon 291 RJR, Luke Ancrum 263 RSo, Elija Conliffe 317 Fr
DE Jubari Zuniga 246 RSo, Jordan Sherrit 254 RSr, A. Clayton 254 So
DE Cece Jefferson 242 JR, J. Polite 260 So, Zach Carter 270 Fr.

Under the new scheme
Clark 315 and Slaton 358 have the size for NT. Maybe with the new S&C, freshman Cambell 305 and Conliff 317 can add 10-20 lbs.
At 6'4" 358 it would be real nice if Slaton could step up and be the starting NT. Clark is only 6'1".
At DE we don't have many close to a 300 lb option. Tavon Byron 291 and one of the above mentioned guys + maybe S&C can put 20 lbs on Zach Carter. Not going to have much rotation at that position. That leaves Ancrum 263, Sherrit 254, Clayton 254 and Polite 260 at least 20-30lbs underweight.
I would think Zuniga and Cece, if he stays, move to the OLB position. The rest of our LBs are just overweight safeties.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, in the 3-4 you have to have three 300 pounders on the field. You can't even get away with tweeners.

Polite might work as a strong-side DE, maybe Zachattack if he can get to 285 or so, but none of the rest of our DEs will work at all. The must be fast enough to move to linebacker or they need to pack their bags.

Polite would need to be one DE. Probably Conliffe on the other. The only body that could spell them is UNC Transfer Marlon Dunlap.

NT would be Clark and Slaton rotating.

We have no other DEs that have the weight. We really have been lacking a proper S&C program for about a decade.

Clayton, Ancrum, and Zuniga need to add about 30-40 pounds.

Keivonnis Davis needs to add about 50. But I think he’s going to be a senior next year. So count him out.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
Draft- RB Scarlett, DT Bryan, K Pineiro
- I think Ivey and Jefferson come back

Possible attrition
QB Jake Allen- Doesn't fit what Mullen wants
WR Rick Wells- was suspended all year
TE Moral Stephens- redshirt junior, will graduate, might be pushed out
TE Cyontai Lewis- see Stephens, I don't think Mullen would push both out
OL Kavaris Harkless- see Stephens. If we can get enough bodies on the OL, I could see him pushed out
OL Antonio Riles- see Harkless.
DT Richerd Desir-Jones- see Wells
DE Jordan Smith- see Wells
DE Keivonnis Davis- his injuries were extensive in that wreck he was in. He might not play again
LB Ventrell Miller- see Wells
LB James Houston- see Wells
DB McArthur Burnett- in a season full of injuries and available playing time, he played the least of any of our DB's. If we were going to have a transfer at this position, I think it would be him
DB Quincy Lenton- see Burnett

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I greatly doubt that anybody will be pruned, they might be told the truth and leave on their own. I also don't insist that with a lack of proper talent the new coaches will just insist on immediate change, I could be wrong there. If we can't replace people why would we want fewer on the team?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Polite would need to be one DE. Probably Conliffe on the other. The only body that could spell them is UNC Transfer Marlon Dunlap.

NT would be Clark and Slaton rotating.

We have no other DEs that have the weight. We really have been lacking a proper S&C program for about a decade.

Clayton, Ancrum, and Zuniga need to add about 30-40 pounds.

Keivonnis Davis needs to add about 50. But I think he’s going to be a senior next year. So count him out.

Nice. I didn't know about Marlon Dunlap 6-foot-4, 300 pounds. I'd start him over Polite because of his size, no?
What about Cambell and Byron at DE? Byron is starting at DT now, wouldn't he start at DE in the 3-4?

NT start Clark (315) and rotate Slaton (358)
DE start Byron (291) and Dunlap (300), rotate Polite(260) , Conliff (317), Cambell(305), Carter (270)
That's not too bad for the starting down lineman.

Starting linebackers are Zuniga (246), Jefferson (242), Joseph (227), Reese (239)?
Rotate Clayton (254) and the rest.
That doesn't suck too bad either does it?

Of the guys on suspension:
DT Richerd Desir-Jones- 6'3" 282 could be useful
DE Jordan Smith- 6'6" 220 if they can put 50lbs on him he may be useful
LB Ventrell Miller- 6'1" 210 Should be "processed"
LB James Houston- 6'1 225 Should be "processed"

If we can get 4-5 quality front 7 in this class we'll be in good shape.

Last edited:

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
Nice. I didn't know about Marlon Dunlap 6-foot-4, 300 pounds. I'd start him over Polite because of his size, no?
What about Cambell and Byron at DE? Byron is starting at DT now, wouldn't he start at DE in the 3-4?

DE start Byron (291) and Dunlap (300), rotate Polite(260) , Conliff (317), Cambell(305), Carter (270)

Starting linebackers are Zuniga (246), Jefferson (242), Joseph (227), Reese (239)?
Rotate Sheritt (254), Clayton (254) and the rest.
That doesn't suck too bad either does it?

Of the guys on suspension:
DT Richerd Desir-Jones- 6'3" 282 could be useful
DE Jordan Smith- 6'6" 220 if they can put 50lbs on him he may be useful
LB Ventrell Miller- 6'1" 210 Should be "processed"
LB James Houston- 6'1 225 Should be "processed"

If we can get 4-5 quality front 7 in this class we'll be in good shape.

Pretty good chance Jordan Smith won't be here as he had the most charges with Kadeem Telfort. Also, Jordan Sherit graduates

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Forgot about Campbell.

Who’s Byron? Are you talking about Taven Bryan? He’s a 1st round pick. He’s not coming back.

Sherrit isn’t either. He’s a senior.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Forgot about Campbell.

Who’s Byron? Are you talking about Taven Bryan? He’s a 1st round pick. He’s not coming back.

Sherrit isn’t either. He’s a senior.
Thanks. Ok that changes things. I guess that's news to Goldkamp about Bryan.

DE start Dunlap (300) and Cambell(305)? rotate Polite(260) , Conliff (317), Carter (270)
Hopefully Desir-jones can play and is worth a damn.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Ok that changes things. I guess that's news to Goldkamp about Bryan.

DE start Dunlap (300) and Cambell(305)? rotate Polite(260) , Conliff (317), Carter (270)
Hopefully Desir-jones can play and is worth a damn.

Goldkamp actually reported that Taven declared.

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/...port-Taven-Bryan-to-enter-NFL-Draft-111379060

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bryant may come back. Haven’t heard anything other than a couple announcers and one mock draft. If they watch his film he should drop out of first round.

Edit: just saw a Bryant declared post.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Yikes didn't realize we were that light at CB. After Marco and CJ we are in a lot of trouble there. I still say we should move Chauncey to CB. He isn't a safety and he would be lock down on the outside. No matter how anyone wants to break it down, other than Taven Bryan, we have no one on this team that can be DE in a 3-4. And as already has been said, Bryan isn't staying.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yikes didn't realize we were that light at CB. After Marco and CJ we are in a lot of trouble there. I still say we should move Chauncey to CB. He isn't a safety and he would be lock down on the outside. No matter how anyone wants to break it down, other than Taven Bryan, we have no one on this team that can be DE in a 3-4. And as already has been said, Bryan isn't staying.
Except for Dunlap, Campbell and Conliff. Polite and Carter if they can put on weight and Desir-Jones if he comes off of suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.