UPDATED Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's been six months, and these likes were earned during our terrible football season and coaching search. There are 38 new people who made the list. On the next update, the minimum number of likes to appear is going to 750. The floor here was 500.

Incredibly, every single person improved their ratio except jboss....for reasons that may or may not be obvious. And keep some perspective here on how many likes this board has been giving out as time goes on. On this list 18 months ago, there was ONE member that had a ratio over 100% (cover2) - now there are 53!

Two members fell off the list due to inactivity: heavychevy and G 2.

The Top 10:
image.jpg

The Bottom 10:
image.jpg

All the rest:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Most Improved:
image.jpg

Discuss.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Your criteria is flawed. The list should be based on a minimum number of posts, not likes. The same way a batting champion needs a minimum number of At Bats, not a minimum number of hits.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your criteria is flawed. The list should be based on a minimum number of posts, not likes. The same way a batting champion needs a minimum number of At Bats, not a minimum number of hits.
You wouldn't get on the list either way.

And it takes some effort to get a like, it takes no effort to make a post. If you set a minimum number of posts standard for anything, you get asshats post-padding nonsense just to get to the number.

I don't encourage posting. I encourage quality posting. I'm generally disappointed.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
You wouldn't get on the list either way.

And it takes some effort to get a like, it takes no effort to make a post. If you set a minimum number of posts standard for anything, you get asshats post-padding nonsense just to get to the number.
But if they don’t get likes, they’ll be on the bottom of the ranking. That would be a true like to post ratio. By the way, I happen to have a pretty thorough background in statistics and statistical modeling, and this is basic, first day stuff.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm steadily moving up the list. Look out Cover2, I'm coming for you! :beating:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2222 being on the list, primarily bc he was the Official Apologizer of All Thing Butteriffic, and bc three or four fvkking fools liked every bit of 3star 115th ranked offense loving bullshyt he posted is a shamesty.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Your avatar is def top three in likes.

Alex.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Your avatar is def top three in likes.

Alex.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2222 being on the list, primarily bc he was the Official Apologizer of All Thing Butteriffic, and bc three or four fvkking fools liked every bit of 3star 115th ranked offense loving bullshyt he posted is a shamesty.

Has 2222 ever come back after Mac was fired? If not, then one could make a good case he was either on Mac's staff or was a family member.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But if they don’t get likes, they’ll be on the bottom of the ranking. That would be a true like to post ratio. By the way, I happen to have a pretty thorough background in statistics and statistical modeling, and this is basic, first day stuff.
This guy gets it. If post padding is happening, it's basically stupid stuff in the Lounge that doesn't earn any Likes. Therefore, the ratio will drop significantly.

On the other hand, one Poster could start a thread with a picture of his newborn and receive 100 Likes giving an abnormal inflation and not posting again for a long time. Not all of us are pooping out babies, right @CaseyGator @Swamp Queen ?

If you really wanted to fine tune it, you could set a minimum number of posts with a minimum number of Likes, but you should start with posts.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This guy gets it. If post padding is happening, it's basically stupid stuff in the Lounge that doesn't earn any Likes. Therefore, the ratio will drop significantly.

On the other hand, one Poster could start a thread with a picture of his newborn and receive 100 Likes giving an abnormal inflation and not posting again for a long time. Not all of us are pooping out babies, right @CaseyGator @Swamp Queen ?

If you really wanted to fine tune it, you could set a minimum number of posts with a minimum number of Likes, but you should start with posts.
But if the baby looked like Butters...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn,people bytching about the methodology.

ITS THE INTERNET. It affects nothing. Who cares?

Or do it yourself with whatever methodology you.want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.