Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
The old board has a huge fit with Sid vs GatorFromDetroit (not DG). Might have been the classic Pete vs Peep debate. I think Sid had a lawsuit threat. Poor GFD left the board to never return.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been one of the biggest Calloway apologist on here, but if he's facing felony charges, he's got to be let go as well as the other two that are supposedly facing felony charges. I hate to lose Skarlet over this, but at this point what the earliest he can come back, game 5 or 6? Plus you see the freshman RBs coming on and getting more carries, I just don't know how Skarlet will fit into rotation should he come back and hasn't practiced in like 6 weeks or so. Think Skarlet was likely going to forgo his senior season anyways for the draft. Maybe the ones that will only get misdemeanor charges will be allowed to come back if they haven't been in any kind of previous trouble at school. Our depth is already crappy in some areas, can't imagine what it will be at seasons end if none of these guys return.
I'm impressed you might be coming around here.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Wait....who drug tests anymore these days? If I drug tested my employees I'd lose most of my team....you're working for the wrong company!
All transportation workers, all government contractors, all medical device manufacturers, military, etc. I know there are some I am leaving out but everywhere I have ever worked.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
According to a guy on reddit who said he has "sources"....

Callaway and Scarlett might be facing jail time...who knows at this point but fun to speculate

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Mrs. Mac is raggin'

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I would think that the university would have to press charges, but who knows. Time will tell.

No I don't think so. In criminal cases, technically it's the State of Florida vs. Defendant "X" so the state can move forward without the cooperation of the alleged victim. While it's helpful to have a cooperative victim it's not a mandate. With that being said, does anybody believe that UF isn't going to "press charges"? Of course they will, if for no other reason than to cover their own azz. Not doing so is an invitation for the NCAA to come snooping around.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No I don't think so. In criminal cases, technically it's the State of Florida vs. Defendant "X" so the state can move forward without the cooperation of the alleged victim. While it's helpful to have a cooperative victim it's not a mandate. With that being said, does anybody believe that UF isn't going to "press charges"? Of course they will, if for no other reason than to cover their own azz. Not doing so is an invitation for the NCAA to come snooping around.

I would think UF is good letting them investigate and the money being paid back on the ones without additional stuff and letting the agency/state make the call on whether they think charges are in order.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah this is probably what the UAA thought, theyd just convince the university to avoid prosecuting the cases.

Unfortunately they forgot that all (or most) of those Gator1 cards were linked to a debit/credit card and when the players claimed the cards werestolen and used by someone else, they actually created more victims, namely the credit card companies and merchants who were defrauded. (For those who have no backgeound in this, on fraud cases the CC companies usually charge the merchant some mysterious amount from some unknown scale.)

So it was never a victimless crime and UF was never the only victim.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking much of the delay might come to be the State Attorney's mulling over, "Do I really want the State to jail these young men or What kind of lesson can we teach them to scare'em straight?

Whatever happens:
1) I don't want them "winning" by getting back on the team. Free up scholarships & set an example for our honor system.
2) The UF designers of this credit/debit pay system need to change it. They surely can come up with something safer for all.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the articles linked in this thread had the State Attorney say that his understanding was this was a typical case of credit card fraud with nothing extraordinary other than who was involved. I really didn't get the impression he was going to go hard after the kids. As stated by many, they will probably get some probation or deferred prosecution, except for the few that have lined themselves up for felonies, which will probably get plead down. BTW, I believe Huntley is only representing a couple of the players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator