Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One of the articles linked in this thread had the State Attorney say that his understanding was this was a typical case of credit card fraud with nothing extraordinary other than who was involved. I really didn't get the impression he was going to go hard after the kids. As stated by many, they will probably get some probation or deferred prosecution, except for the few that have lined themselves up for felonies, which will probably get plead down. BTW, I believe Huntley is only representing a couple of the players.

This is what I am thinking also. I doubt more than 2 or 3 get booted from the team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I am thinking also. I doubt more than 2 or 3 get booted from the team.
Agreed. Only the few with prior criminal histories or the ones who did it numerous times are likely to get more than probation.

Last edited:

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Think the powers that be has already told numerous media that they expect arrests/indictments will be made by possibly the end of this week on at least two players, maybe more. Misdemeanors?? For fraud??. Think some are looking at this through orange and blue sunglasses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think the powers that be has already told numerous media that they expect arrests/indictments will be made by possibly the end of this week on at least two players, maybe more. Misdemeanors?? For fraud??. Think some are looking at this through orange and blue sunglasses.
It is possible. There is such a thing as preindictmnet (or prearrest) plea agrements. The prosecutor and defense attorney get together prosecutor says im going to charge you with 85 counts of credit card fraud but if you agree to an informatiin I will let you plea to xxxx with an agreed sentence or sentence range of whatever and restitution of $xxxx. Defendant usually has to agree to waive indictment and plea to an information.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Well swamp, if that happens, more power to the offenders, which means more power to others that do the offending. Doubt that will be the case though, but possible. If this happens in Gainesville, then you might see it happening in Columbia (2), Fayetteville, College Station, Knoxville, etc, etc, ...you get the point. Not sure the NCAA watching that happen , gets into the shuffle and says, this is not acceptable, and then comes down on UF to make an example.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The University of Florida, seat of higher learning, handed these teenagers the first credit card they have ever had in their hands (legitimately), did not train them on the consequences of abuse of the card, and let 'em fly. Here's an idea UF:
DON'T GIVE THE KIDS CREDIT CARDS.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good grief... Rule of Life 103a... paying under the guise of someone else is wrong. Rule of Life 103b... if you have exhausted funds, earth doesn't allow you to pretend their not zero. I won't bore you with that antiquated wife's tale I've heard before, thou shall not steal, mommy telling you from birth that lying is bad. The excuses and condonement by some are comic gold. Just about everybody in America breaks out plastic... they've witnessed the principal of the thing... even in the hood.
:lmao2:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The University of Florida, seat of higher learning, handed these teenagers the first credit card they have ever had in their hands (legitimately), did not train them on the consequences of abuse of the card, and let 'em fly. Here's an idea UF:
DON'T GIVE THE KIDS CREDIT CARDS.

They are not credit cards, at most debit cards. Likely just their student ID's. I've got two kids in college now. Their student ID's can be used on campus and the surrounding area as a debit card. This allows the university to load meal plans, financial aid, etc. on to the cards.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
'Weren't' not 'wasn't'. You can check by eliminating passive voice and making an affirmative statement, "the police were supposed to announce charges today" but not "the police was supposed to announce charges today." You really don't want to sound like that congressperson from JAX. ARRGGH. I am so tired of this thread I am becoming a grammar policeman. Get the mess over with; boot the criminals and make the easily led pay restitution. After that the LEO community can do their worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.