Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong. I've been informed by experts on this board that this whole thing is Mac's fault.

Well, CG, I heard Mac had no idea at all that all these guys had their UF pacifiers fall out their mouths 7 days prior to the frauds.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Here is the thing. You don’t have to train them to not steal. That should be understood. There isn’t enough training for that... those kids choose to steal! This wasn’t a mistake. They didn’t accidentally commit fraud. They knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong!

It is the kids fault

When something like this happens you reverse-engineer it to find root cause, then take corrective action. This is what I do every day for a living so I do know something about it. Did the kids know it was wrong? Of course they did. But clearly the required level of leadership was not exercised to prevent the occurrence. This whole matter was avoidable, and you seem to be saying that is was not. Proper leadership would have prevented it, but leadership was not exercised to make the kids fully aware of the consequences that they would face if they abused the trust of the University. So now we have 10 players suspended for an indefinite amount of time and they have already missed 3 games and counting. These same kids will look in hindsight that they did a stupid thing and got caught. But I guarantee you that the University also has learned a lesson here and will improve their leadership posture in the future regarding training these kids in the responsible use of the cards.

You seem to have a hard time understanding what I'm saying. "They knew it was wrong" is not a good enough answer when the University is assigning the cards and 100% responsible for delivering the message on proper use and consequences that will result from abuse (dismissal from the football program), 100% of the time.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When something like this happens you reverse-engineer it to find root cause, then take corrective action. This is what I do every day for a living so I do know something about it. Did the kids know it was wrong? Of course they did. But clearly the required level of leadership was not exercised to prevent the occurrence. This whole matter was avoidable, and you seem to be saying that is was not. Proper leadership would have prevented it, but leadership was not exercised to make the kids fully aware of the consequences that they would face if they abused the trust of the University. So now we have 10 players suspended for an indefinite amount of time and they have already missed 3 games and counting. These same kids will look in hindsight that they did a stupid thing and got caught. But I guarantee you that the University also has learned a lesson here and will improve their leadership posture in the future regarding training these kids in the responsible use of the cards.

You seem to have a hard time understanding what I'm saying. "They knew it was wrong" is not a good enough answer when the University is assigning the cards and 100% responsible for delivering the message on proper use and consequences that will result from abuse (dismissal from the football program), 100% of the time.

We could 5-why this down to root cause all you want and the root cause will be the kids making a choice. The leadership problem on this one is with the players. Where was the player leadership? They were the guys going along with it! Scarlett and Callaway! Those are the guys who are supposed to be leaders. There is only so much the admin can do.

Unless we find out the coaching staff knew and looked the other way... this is on the kids

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some categorical areas of wrongness probably present in this crime or series of crimes:

1) Nurture? growing up in fertilizer that has major effect prior to age 12-15; = ingrained attitudes
--- a) parental exampling/teaching. = the emphasis put on "pure" honesty, pure conscience, do right without oversight,
merit-based earnings, fairness
--- b) neighborhood = the local roads most frequently travelled
--- c) immediate 'posse', brotherhood conformance negative/positive fit
--- d) cultural/political = drift from pure merit-based earnings, liberal excusings (situational ethics), ends justify means, etc

^^ All the above are "locked" in place before college.
If the positives above are not "taught taut" to dominate & direct, then temptational ingress is assured a potential portal. UF's naive (unscientific = ignoring social science proofs) naive lack of awareness of the probabilities of ^^ above negative persuasions in dealing out scholly CC ownership is uneducated.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It's not just college age folks. I just sat through a company wide town hall to tell all employees it was wrong to buy stuff with company funds and then sell the stuff on ebay for personal gain. Who knew?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Calloway- 2 felony counts
Scarlett- 2 felony counts
Smith- 5 felony counts
Davis- 2 felony counts

Houston- 2 felony counts
Miller- 2 felony counts
Wells- 2 felony counts

Desir-Jones- 0 charges
Telfort- 0 charges

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would think Callaway is finished as they won't wait to see if he gets his charges reduced to a misdemeanor in a plea deal.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
606440546468_large.png

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Well...our LB depth chart just got blowed up for the foreseeable future. That's not good going forward since we can't land LB'S for some unknown reason.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_5020.JPG

"You get a felony! You get a felony! You get a felony! And you get a felony! Everybody gets a felony!!!"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How can you bring him back, too much smoke.

Yep him and Smith are probably gone for sure. They will probably keep the others suspended from the team until they get their charges reduced to misdemeanors - if they can. I doubt any of the players charged ever see the field again this season.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Shannon Snell says Scarlett will be back but Callaway apparently did something else last week that has ended his time at UF for good! Screenshot_20170925-121309.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.