Urban Meyer: I don't see any gap between SEC, Big Ten

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ox will lock this thread to protect his beloved saint.

Still waiting for karma to rain down all over Leyer. It will be almost as enjoyable as watching the last year of Paterno.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I never have liked the SOB, but really what else could he have said he is the head coach at OSU in the big 10.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Ox will lock this thread to protect his beloved saint.

Still waiting for karma to rain down all over Leyer. It will be almost as enjoyable as watching the last year of Paterno.
I think getting shut out and embarrassed in the playoffs is the karma train leaving the terminal.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dislike him, but not enough to crap on our titles he brought us. Every single person b*tching about meyer now absolutely loved the dude while he was here. Think about that for a minute.

I always ask myself if I'd prefer he had never come here... the answer is a resounding no.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dislike him, but not enough to crap on our titles he brought us. Every single person b*tching about meyer now absolutely loved the dude while he was here. Think about that for a minute.

I always ask myself if I'd prefer he had never come here... the answer is a resounding no.

Hell no. Thanks Urban for the trophy's........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC lately has endured @ a 5-year drop downward towards the other conferences but only compared to their top 2-3 teams.
The SEC will dominate again as it gets better HCs.

The W-L totals for BNAG8R's post is SEC to Big10 = 89-59 which is a 66% "dominance" for the SEC. (that includes the Messedchomp years.)

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No gap?? Why else would be the BIG 2 and the Little 8

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dislike him, but not enough to crap on our titles he brought us.
Who the eff is giving any trophies back? You guys keep saying it and makes no damn sense.

We would have won without our serial killer Hernandez and still had our pride, however.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is no one in the SEC East who could even give OSUx, Meatchicken, or Rape State a game. Sad but true.
This is fair. It's sad because all of these AD's are hiring coaches who at one time interacted with Saban. There is no variety or creativity with the SEC coaches. Everyone is Saban lite or is mimicking his teams. Meanwhile guys like urban, Franklin, are being innovative and have the freedom to NOT be alabama.

I feel that as long as Saban is around, his dominance actually reduces the level of competition. Because everyone is playing his game and he's the teacher. There was a great article about how Saban can't be outsmarted by his students.

Could be wrong though... lol

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is fair. It's sad because all of these AD's are hiring coaches who at one time interacted with Saban. There is no variety or creativity with the SEC coaches. Everyone is Saban lite or is mimicking his teams. Meanwhile guys like urban, Franklin, are being innovative and have the freedom to NOT be alabama.

I feel that as long as Saban is around, his dominance actually reduces the level of competition. Because everyone is playing his game and he's the teacher. There was a great article about how Saban can't be outsmarted by his students.

Could be wrong though... lol

So much truth in this. I've posted similar thoughts as well. It's amazing that the East has become this collection of Canal St. knockoffs, all desperatelt attempting to mirror one program.

While I certainly hope that Mac succeeds(and still think he will), can you even imagine what this division would look like if he doesn't? Three Saban-lites, 1 little brother, a clarinet player, and a watered down, less refined version of David Shaw. Mizzou may have the last laugh when all is said and done. Sure, no one knows who this Odom guy is, but at least they aren't paying an absolute fortune in hopes that he's actually the "real thing".

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We hate Urban
112964660.jpg
we hate Urban
4.jpg
WE hate Urban
images
WE hate Urban
577416264.jpg
We hate Urban
2007-01-08-fla-topper3.JPG
We hate Urban
Tim-Tebow-Urban-Meyer-2.jpg
We hate Urban
images

We hate Urban
thumb.aspx
We hate almost everybody
images

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and lest we forget......

Multiple sources told Sporting News that Meyer—who won two national championships in six years at Florida and cemented his legacy as one of the game’s greatest coaches—told the Diggs family that he wouldn’t let his son go to Florida because of significant character issues in the locker room.

Character issues that we now know were fueled by a culture Meyer created. Character issues that gutted what was four years earlier the most powerful program in college football.

It was Meyer who declared the Florida program “broken” at the end of his last regular season game in Gainesville in November of 2010. But why was it broken?

“Over the last two years he was there,” one former player said, “the players had taken complete control of the team.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

Players arrested during Meyer's tenure though September 2010....

Starting in 2009, the Orlando Sentinel compiled a list of Florida football players arrested or charged with a crime since coach Urban Meyer took over six years ago. The original list was published in June 2009 and has been updated with any cases since then. The vast majority of these players were represented by Huntley Johnson, a Gainesville lawyer who frequently defends UF athletes.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...e-misdemeanor-charge-misdemeanor-possession/3

'In his six seasons at Florida, Meyer saw 31 of his players arrested – an absurd rate of 5.16 Gators in handcuffs per year. Some of it is the type of stupid stuff any college kid is liable to get arrested for – underage drinking, open container laws, disorderly conduct. The type of stuff that’s easily fixed with a few mandatory runs up the stadium steps.

There were also far more serious cases – credit card fraud, various cases of battery, Cam Newton stealing another student’s laptop and so on. All of that is well documented.

But the habit of former Meyer players to continue finding trouble well after they are done playing for him raises serious questions about either his ability to judge character or his willingness to ignore it entirely. While Meyer is not personally responsible for the poor behavior, you can’t help but wonder what kind of person finds a way to put that many bad people in one place. (Usually they’re called jailers.)"

http://www.footballinsiders.com/another-ex-gator-under-urban-meyer-in-legal-trouble/

aaron-hernandez-whit-hispanic-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-sad-hill-news.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who the eff is giving any trophies back? You guys keep saying it and makes no damn sense.

We would have won without our serial killer Hernandez and still had our pride, however.
Half the meyer haters b*tch incessantly, yet claim they have no issue with the titles won during his time. You really can't have it both ways. Exactly how would we have won them without meyer? Rehiring spurrier? I honestly doubt it, he was past his prime by that point and the recruiting game had changed significantly. We would have been a solid team but doubtful we would have won 2 national championships. I'll take them and be appreciative of them, regardless of whether meyer did other things that hurt us in the long run.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and lest we forget......

Multiple sources told Sporting News that Meyer—who won two national championships in six years at Florida and cemented his legacy as one of the game’s greatest coaches—told the Diggs family that he wouldn’t let his son go to Florida because of significant character issues in the locker room.

Character issues that we now know were fueled by a culture Meyer created. Character issues that gutted what was four years earlier the most powerful program in college football.

It was Meyer who declared the Florida program “broken” at the end of his last regular season game in Gainesville in November of 2010. But why was it broken?

“Over the last two years he was there,” one former player said, “the players had taken complete control of the team.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

Players arrested during Meyer's tenure though September 2010....

Starting in 2009, the Orlando Sentinel compiled a list of Florida football players arrested or charged with a crime since coach Urban Meyer took over six years ago. The original list was published in June 2009 and has been updated with any cases since then. The vast majority of these players were represented by Huntley Johnson, a Gainesville lawyer who frequently defends UF athletes.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...e-misdemeanor-charge-misdemeanor-possession/3

'In his six seasons at Florida, Meyer saw 31 of his players arrested – an absurd rate of 5.16 Gators in handcuffs per year. Some of it is the type of stupid stuff any college kid is liable to get arrested for – underage drinking, open container laws, disorderly conduct. The type of stuff that’s easily fixed with a few mandatory runs up the stadium steps.

There were also far more serious cases – credit card fraud, various cases of battery, Cam Newton stealing another student’s laptop and so on. All of that is well documented.

But the habit of former Meyer players to continue finding trouble well after they are done playing for him raises serious questions about either his ability to judge character or his willingness to ignore it entirely. While Meyer is not personally responsible for the poor behavior, you can’t help but wonder what kind of person finds a way to put that many bad people in one place. (Usually they’re called jailers.)"

http://www.footballinsiders.com/another-ex-gator-under-urban-meyer-in-legal-trouble/
We had some pretty bad stuff when Mac took over that the players got accused of and/or charged with doing also. I think most of them were Muschamp recruits however.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you want to gauge the relative strength of the Big Ten vs. SEC you need not look any further than the Outback Bowl last year.
Two upper tier teams in their conferences pitted against each other. How did that turn out?

In addition, if they are the same than that means that Urban is starting his sixth and final season at POSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator