Urban Meyer to coach Gators again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't know whether to post this here or in its own thread.

It's Meyer. An old UF friend, a lawyer who is extremely well connected, tells me there has been contact. He's not sure if it's just a how are you doing or something that goes beyond, but there's now been two phone conversations. I consider that noteworthy.

Yes, I realize this sounds sensational. Hell, it has to. No telling how far this goes, but it's undeniable that the Florida opening is drawing immense national interest.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
As long as Meyer calls all three timeouts in the 4th quarter against Georgia again he can come back

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

It's Meyer. An old UF friend, a lawyer who is extremely well connected, tells me there has been contact. He's not sure if it's just a how are you doing or something that goes beyond, but there's now been two phone conversations. I consider that noteworthy.

Yes, I realize this sounds sensational. Hell, it has to. No telling how far this goes, but it's undeniable that the Florida opening is drawing immense national interest.
This is real information and you didn't think it was worthy of its own thread? Methinks you are full of it, senor.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

:what:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Foley has any say at all we are screwed. That guy is the black cat of hiring football coaches.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

:scoff:
I'll believe it when I see it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can't imagine Meyer or Stoops would come here. UF is leaking stuff to get the scent off of Frost and/or Norvell

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is real information and you didn't think it was worthy of its own thread? Methinks you are full of it, senor.

For those of you who may not recognize him, the handsome one is Urban Meyer

TebowSnuggie-1.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The way Meyer left, there's no chance he'd be coming back. Ever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It would be perfect! Creyer could quit OSU to be with his family then accept a job with us.

But.... then OSU would be open, so he would have to quit because of medical issues then take the OSU job.

This should work out perfectly!

If @KCgator is quick enough, maybe he can shag Shelly before the head back hOme.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It would be perfect! Creyer could quit OSU to be with his family then accept a job with us.

But.... then OSU would be open, so he would have to quit because of medical issues then take the OSU.

This should workout perfectly!
Is he still porking chicks on the side in Columbus?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
About the response i expected. Hence why I soft pedaled it.

It's real, I can tell you that. I don't have any more details at the moment. I wish I did but I don't. I'll keep you posted.

This thing is wiiiiiide open.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't Urbs still have a house around Gainesville?

He'll never corch at Universee of Flarda agin, but he be welcomed bax eventchalee.

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
This tells me Stricklin is doing a good job... he's not counting anyone out as being too far a reach. Maybe he gets a longshot like Urbs unexpectedly.

I'd say this is one in a million. I believe Urban's buyout is around $35mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.