USC AD Pat Haden sends drunk Sarkisian home, fires him

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rog, do you think cirrhosis isn't a disease? How about lung cancer? Is throat or mouth cancer from tobacco a disease or not? They are caused by the introduction of too much of a harmful substance into the body, the only difference being that the brain seems to be a protected organ while the liver, lungs, throat, mouth, etc are all understandable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n295981 said:
Rog, do you think cirrhosis isn't a disease? How about lung cancer? Is throat or mouth cancer from tobacco a disease or not? They are caused by the introduction of too much of a harmful substance into the body, the only difference being that the brain seems to be a protected organ while the liver, lungs, throat, mouth, etc are all understandable.

Zambo.... then the shot in the foot is a foot disease. Disease really has a precise scientific definition.
The diseases you cite, connected with a self-inflicted cause, especially a long term chronic self exposure, fall in
an odd category. It's similar to people knowing the cigarette warnings and yet sue, after chronic exposure behavior,
sue the cigarette companies as blamable, responsible. Don't you think more lives would be saved by holding the
common sense line earlier along their self-damage behavior ? But I'll say no more because this is a crumbly debate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But..but..but. People on here said it wouldn't happen and there would be a major lawsuit and he didn't have a choice.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n296199 said:
But..but..but. People on here said it wouldn't happen and there would be a major lawsuit and he didn't have a choice.
:giggle::lmao::drunk:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n296199 said:

I think if he'd have come forward and told them he has a problem, he might have a pretty good case. His denial of his problem will probably negate any chance of that happening. Dude's a train wreck right now with a drinking problem, pending divorce and now out of a job. Wonder how long it'll be before someone hires him again in any capacity?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He dries out and gets well somebody will be able to have a bargain basement coach. Wish him the best.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
But it's a disease, it's not his fault!!!! :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
drinking-vodka.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He has a life threatening behavior fail. His job falls behind that ... behind his getting his health in safe function.
Hope he gets support and help from his immediate family,loved ones to conquer this fail.
But Sarkasian is none of us outsiders' business.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Friggin guy showed up hammered at a team meeting yesterday and previously at official university events. As a poster above stated, this is a "no brainer". I'm surprised it took this long.

Another question: How the heck does Haden not get the ax, too? Going by his football hires, he's been a terrible AD. And I don't see USCw killing it in other sports, either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly hope they aren't giving him a single penny for a buyout.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gatorbreath;n296242 said:
Friggin guy showed up hammered at a team meeting yesterday and previously at official university events. As a poster above stated, this is a "no brainer". I'm surprised it took this long.

Another question: How the heck does Haden not get the ax, too? Going by his football hires, he's been a terrible AD. And I don't see USCw killing it in other sports, either.

He is next, hide and watch...

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
oxrageous;n295453 said:
He should be fired with cause. I wouldn't give him a cent for a buyout and force him to sue me if he wanted to fight it.

An "illness"....oh boy. If I showed up to work drunk I'd be fired, and so would anyone else.

I agree but you might get one chance to fix your issue. He already had that!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
NVGator;n295396 said:
Wonder how the marriage is doing?

Apparently he is going through a divorce. Who knows if the drinking is a function of the divorce proceedings or if the divorce is the result of him having a history of alcohol problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.