UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Fair statement. Outside of your regular nut jobs, the fan base simply wants to compete for the east and the Sec at this point.
I also think there is more to "finding a coach" these days than a twitter mob or unrealistic fans. I have said for years that Florida is a top 3 job in the country. Mullen was what? Your 4th choice? That is insane to me.That's not a dig by any means BTW. Just my point that salaries at every day programs exceeding 2 million, these coaches are thinking long and hard about risk/reward of uprooting family and taking these big SEC jobs.
Now I think Tenn puts the full court press on Jeff Brohm. Had a guy tell me this morning he thinks Brohm will accept. I have my doubts but we will see.

SEC, you're not going to win any arguements here.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Pick me, pick me!

636269242935586116-sp-vols05-cm-011.JPG

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fair statement. Outside of your regular nut jobs, the fan base simply wants to compete for the east and the Sec at this point.
I also think there is more to "finding a coach" these days than a twitter mob or unrealistic fans. I have said for years that Florida is a top 3 job in the country. Mullen was what? Your 4th choice? That is insane to me.That's not a dig by any means BTW. Just my point that salaries at every day programs exceeding 2 million, these coaches are thinking long and hard about risk/reward of uprooting family and taking these big SEC jobs.
Now I think Tenn puts the full court press on Jeff Brohm. Had a guy tell me this morning he thinks Brohm will accept. I have my doubts but we will see.
Do you have any idea why Mike Norvell is untouchable for anyone? With your connections I thought you may have heard something.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Do you have any idea why Mike Norvell is untouchable for anyone? With your connections I thought you may have heard something.
Seriously interested in this as well. It didn't even look like we wanted to interview him. You'd think for UT with him already having in-state recruiting ties it would be a no-brainer. With the fact they seemed to by-pass him for Brohm may mean I need to rethink being so pissed at SS not pursuing him. Must be something stinky.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I admit it is fun watching UT crash and burn but it would be far more fun if it was UGa or fsu.
And yet we're also watching to see if they actually come out of this with a better coach than us despite their dumpster hire.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There's a strong chance Brohm will take it.
Getting Purdue bowl eligible this year is so small feat after the horrible last few years they have had. He got those guys playing well and runs a solid offense. Wouldn't be a bad hire at all for the plungers. But I would be surprised if Brohm leaves Purdue after 1 season.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
When feeling the crush of PCism, try these Stephen Lynch songs:
"Go Down to the Old Pub Instead"
"You Caught Me Spanking It"
"Grandfather"
Nothing tops “Baby” or “Lullaby”, except maybe “Little Tiny Mustache”

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The UT fans I know are extremely embarrassed that it appears no one wants the job. They scream about how their facilities are better than UF's, but don't seem to recognize that it's much harder to recruit there. Really, they're not much different than most :chomp: fans in that they don't want to accept their deficiencies, only recognizing what they believe to be strong points.

I've even heard a few say they would change allegiances is Schiano was hired. :lmao2:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I always tell my kids "The way you get good at something is practice. Practice, practice, practice."

It appears TN is practicing how to hire your 7th..er, 8th choice. (Though similar can be said of us recently).

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Now I know what we looked like when we thought Chip was a done deal!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Jim bob cooter.jpg

How long before he gets the call? Seriously? UT alum and former GA. Offensive Coordinator in the NFL? Jim Bob, time to come home. Oh the signs we'll get to write for College GameDay! Please Santa, I've been good all year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.