UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it an awful job?
It's no more of an awful job than any other SEC coaching job Ox. The fan base is loyal to coaches who win games and downright hostile to those that don't. No different than here, Baton Rouge or College Station. You succeed you get paid 5,6 or 7 million dollars a year. You don't meet expectations or go 4-8 you're ran out of town.
Wasn't really talking about the fans. The recruiting area is mediocre - it certainly can't touch the areas in Baton Rouge or College Station. In short, it's a slightly better Nebraska. The fans expect to win NC's but that's unlikely to ever happen again. It's a very difficult place to succeed, which is a major reason why you couldn't find a coach five years ago and you can't now.

You guys should have kept Phat Phil.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Tee Martin is really their best shot, imo. They can pitch him the "come home and save us" line and way over pay him. I think he has shown flashes and could be a guy down the road, but I think starting as a HC at UT would end in sadness and disaster for both parties. Not only would it further mess up their situation, but it would also tarnish the memory of their lone national championship in the era of color television. Obviously I'm hopeful they will pull the trigger.

Some feel that Tee isn't ready for that high level HC position (ahem Peyton). There are rumors that he's not on board with a Tee Martin hire. Some sort of Haslam /Peyton secret handshake to where the forehead gets the Browns GM job.

I agree though.... He could unite the fan base and at least control the dumpster fire until he too, is canned in 3 yrs.

My current administration is a Vol alum and she just shakes her head in disbelief.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
The Vols should consider The Man in Black, Jerry Glanville. Hell, Arizona State is interviewing Herm Edwards.
Or Butch Davis. He managed to clean up Dennis Erickson's stench at Miami. Then again, he's 66.
Hell, why not bite the bullet and re-hire Fulmer. He's 67.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Tee Martin is really their best shot, imo. They can pitch him the "come home and save us" line and way over pay him. I think he has shown flashes and could be a guy down the road, but I think starting as a HC at UT would end in sadness and disaster for both parties. Not only would it further mess up their situation, but it would also tarnish the memory of their lone national championship in the era of color television. Obviously I'm hopeful they will pull the trigger.
Peyton and Eli are both available right now. UT could hire them both as co-HBC. They could put together a new offensive play book and call it "The Book of Eli".

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the stench is farther up the food chain and spread out

Actually, for GatorNation to uproot our champion offenses would require cadaver dogs. But those daze of guideless searching are gone. Mullen's going to see to that, GatorChatter's going to see, remote fans are going to see UF regain. Home football games you'll tailgate at Regainesville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.