UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm almost starting to feel bad for them. Almost. Makes me wonder what the deal is with Tee, do they feel he's not ready or is he not interested? Not that he's a great choice, but how many times can you be turned down?

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I haven't read all of this, because I honestly couldn't care less about UToothless, but I have a feeling they will end up settling on Tee Martin (USC OC), and will probably have to beg him to leave LA to go back to Knoxville.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, they can even hire Clint Stoerner to re-enact the infamous "Fall Fumble" to really ratchet up the nostalgia.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just read this over there:

"Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?"

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I'm almost starting to feel bad for them. Almost. Makes me wonder what the deal is with Tee, do they feel he's not ready or is he not interested? Not that he's a great choice, but how many times can you be turned down?

I don't know how many times they can be turned down, but I can't wait to find out. I dislike Stricklin and think he did a mediocre job in our coaching search, but at least he isn't John Currie. :D

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Their search five years ago was bad, but I've never seen anything like this. This is the most embarrassing coaching search in history.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

"Just got done listening to one of the best interviews I've heard in a very long time. Clay Travis had Lane Kiffin on this morning and the interview was stellar. Clay Travis straight up asked him at the end of the interview if he would come back and save Tennessee football. Lane Kiffin said that John Currie has not reached out to him. He even got more specific by saying that Currie contacted Sexton and said here is the list of people I want to talk to and that John Currie was not interested in speaking to Kiffin. With the level of coach that Lane Kiffin is and his brilliance as a coach, how could you not even ask to interview him? How could you not even interview him?"

He is hated by the UT fanbase, though. Would you really want to hire back a coach who dicked you over and then crashed and burned at his next P5 job, just because he's 9-3 at FAU? I get the hesitation and lack of interest, I really do.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Their search five years ago was bad, but I've never seen anything like this. This is the most embarrassing coaching search in history.
What the hell happens when it turns out Doeren is just played UT for leverage for his extension with NC State. They are literally begging for Lane Kiffin back. Begging. For Kiffin.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A buddy of mine is a Memphis grad. He said he had heard it was gambling. Take it for what it's worth.
I heard the same thing from some individuals with tennessee roots 2 days ago. Either its a rumor that has legs, or there is something to it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's always been a favorite of mine when one of these jacklegs say's "I'm never donating another dime." These GED having idiots wouldn't know how to donate if they wanted to. They go to one game a year, usually Tulsa State after their sneaky uncle gives them free tickets.
Hate these dip****s.
So what's your real reaction to this search? I've never seen anything like it. What's the deal over there?

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Makes me wonder what the deal is with Tee, do they feel he's not ready or is he not interested?
Yeah, it's almost like the fans in Tennessee wouldn't approve of Tee Martin as their coach.
43442F8100000578-0-image-a-81_1502796121395.jpg

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

For the same reason many here would never hire him. He left in the middle of the night, was a disaster the first time, no doing that.

A friend went to FAU a long time ago and now does not root for them due to Lame Kitten being their coach. Just Saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator