Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@SECcountry: Total Defense Yards Per Play: #SEC
1. Florida 3.36
2. Alabama 3.41
3. Texas A&M 4.34
4. Georgia 4.59
5. Mississippi St. 4.68

I don't see the greatest defensive coach in the world's team listed here (South Carolina). Must be the player's fault.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@SECcountry: Total Defense Yards Per Play: #SEC
1. Florida 3.36
2. Alabama 3.41
3. Texas A&M 4.34
4. Georgia 4.59
5. Mississippi St. 4.68
After seeing this normally I would ask where all the Collins detractors are now. But then I said to myself, "Well, the season's still young. Let's wait and see how things turn out." But then I said to myself, "Well, that never stopped the Collins haters before." Then I said to myself, "F**k it. Too much talk. I'm gonna' to go get a beer. "

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I think our front 7-8 will be fine against UT. It will be the same game plan as last year. Load the box and I would assign Anzalone to Dobbs the entire game. Stuff Hurd as much as possible, he's going to get some yards. Dude can play. Dobbs will then have to use his legs, but keep him contained. If he is forced to throw he will be more unsuccessful. His deep passes have been more luck and poor DB play. But it's simple, contain Dobbs and Hurd at all cost.

With that said the offense must play well. I think some passing offense will allow UF to run more. NO TURNOVERS. Combine the two UF continues the streak.

Agree!

1. Anzalone should spy dobbs.
1a. Load 8 in the box and dare dobbs to throw. Our CBs can handle it.
2. "Contain" is the key for dobbs and hurd.
3. Going for the big hit will hurt you. See #2.
4. Stay home. Don't over pursue and fall victim to the trick play. See #2.
5. Play Taylor at RT. Help our running game.
6. Take what the d gives us. If necessary, use the pass to set up the run.
7. Play smart. Minimize penalties and TOs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After seeing this normally I would ask where all the Collins detractors are now. But then I said to myself, "Well, the season's still young. Let's wait and see how things turn out." But then I said to myself, "Well, that never stopped the Collins haters before." Then I said to myself, "F**k it. Too much talk. I'm gonna' to go get a beer. "
You sure do talk to yourself a lot...:crazy:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You sure do talk to yourself a lot...:crazy:
Normally I would reply that that was kinda' the joke. But then I said to myself,"Well, maybe he knows that." But then I said to myself, "Well, if he did then why would he bother to state the obvious?" But then I said to myself, "F**k it. Who cares. Time to go get another beer."

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
On general principles, I don't like to be looking or thinking a game ahead.

But then I remember I'm not a general here, more like a lance corporal.

We're not seeing full-fledged Big Mac Offense yet. And he didn't get to do it at Alabama. So Mac's last year at CSU is the best clue as to what he WANTS the Gator offense to look like. And although I can't say I ever watched many CSU games, my impression from the stat sheets is that (if he has a QB) Mac has a "pass to set up the run" offensive mentality.

Sep 29, 2015
I don't see the greatest defensive coach in the world's team listed here (South Carolina). Must be the player's fault.

Oh, but the greatest defensive coach himself is well-represented on the list, as he and his offensive offense are responsible for Miss. State's appearance in the top 5.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

My thought was "If the Collins haters felt they had enough substance to piss all over him before the season began, then 2 games against cupcakes is enough substance to counter their b!tching."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My thought was "If the Collins haters felt they had enough substance to piss all over him before the season began, then 2 games against cupcakes is enough substance to counter their b!tching."

It's two games, I still don't like Collins... But there isn't enough data for 2016 to say good or bad. But my problems are that I don't like his style of defense. The defense reminds me to much of Bobby Pruitt's defenses in the early 90's. I'm hoping that isn't the case this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Watch a bit of the game last night. Didn't get through it all, fell asleep at the point when Tyler Jordan was getting hurt, but I must say the OL looked pretty good. I know, I know, it was Kintucky, but they've looked poor against bad opponents in the past. I particularly noticed Cam Dillard playing well and seeming to make a lot of OL adjustments. Proud of the kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My thought was "If the Collins haters felt they had enough substance to piss all over him before the season began"
You don't think his CAREER is enough?

Dan Mullens:
“There is plenty of blame to go around. To give up as many big plays as we gave up today is unacceptable. I think we gave up over 20 yards per play. That is pathetic. That is just an awful job by our defense. Not a great job on offense. ...Obviously, one of the things you look at statistically, is that you cannot give up over 500 yards over 60 plays. You are never going to win if you do that.”

THEN WE HIRED HIM A FEW DAYS LATER. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator