Vegas has UF winning 8 - where do you stand?

Vegas has Gators winning 8 games. What do you think?

• Over

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Under

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • 8 sounds right

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Ham Sammich

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
They got us winning 8! If I we're betting I would have to take the under simply because of the QB position and the interior D-line.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
It's like deja vu all over again.

Yeah probably, but Mac ain't getting canned after this year so 2018 should be his decision year. Be interesting to see our AD's language after this year about Mac if we only win 7 or 8 games. To hear how he would think the direction of the program is headed. Should tell us all we need to know when that happens about how short a leash Mac has got.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The entitlement is strong in this thread.

The good old days when men were men and women were women...

And it was ok to make fun of gays.

:tickle:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah probably, but Mac ain't getting canned after this year so 2018 should be his decision year. Be interesting to see our AD's language after this year about Mac if we only win 7 or 8 games. To hear how he would think the direction of the program is headed. Should tell us all we need to know when that happens about how short a leash Mac has got.
An AD isn't gonna show his hand too much when it comes firing coaches.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
An AD isn't gonna show his hand too much when it comes firing coaches.

Yep probably not a lot said by the AD but Nuss would likely be canned. It would be 2014 over again in 2018 if this offense doesn't get it together in 2017.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interestingly, only two SEC teams are over 8 games (LSU at 9, Alabama 10.5).

Why did Southern Cal go from 9.5 to 6?

http://gridironnow.com/las-vegas-sports-book-2-sec-teams-win-total-more-8/

One Las Vegas sports book has released its projected win totals for 2017, and only two SEC teams — both in the West Division — have totals of more than eight.

CFB Season Win Totals are out here @CGTechnology_
Bama 10.5 o-150
Ohio St 10 o-125
FSU 9.5 o-130
Okla 9.5 o-145
USC 9.5 o-135
Mich 9 o-115 pic.twitter.com/qLHYRfPfQM

— Brad Powers (@BradPowers7) May 19, 2017

SEC program win totals:

Alabama – 10.5
LSU – 9
Auburn – 8
Florida – 8
Georgia – 8
Tennessee – 7.5
Arkansas – 7
Texas A&M – 7
Missouri – 6.5
Kentucky – 6
Mississippi State – 5.5
South Carolina – 5.5
(Ole Miss and Vanderbilt were not listed)

Others of interest:

Ohio State – 10
Florida State – 9.5
Oklahoma – 9.5
Penn State – 9.5
Washington – 9.5
Clemson – 9
Michigan – 9
Miami – 8.5
Oregon – 8
Texas – 7.5
USC – 6 (had been 9.5)

The most interesting total has to be USC’s. Clay Helton’s team returns arguably the nation’s top quarterback in sophomore Sam Darnold.

There was no reason given for why Ole Miss and Vanderbilt were left out. Other win totals are expected to be released next week; perhaps Ole Miss and Vandy will be in that group.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yep probably not a lot said by the AD but Nuss would likely be canned. It would be 2014 over again in 2018 if this offense doesn't get it together in 2017.

The writing is usually on the wall if a coach is forced to get rid of coordinators. With the loyalty he has shown Nuss so far, Mac would definitely be forced to cut ties with him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The writing is usually on the wall if a coach is forced to get rid of coordinators. With the loyalty he has shown Nuss so far, Mac would definitely be forced to cut ties with him.

Yep Mac will know he is in full survival mode if the offense stinks again.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say over. I expect 9. My satisfaction will depend on how we look getting there. If Franks (or another QB) has "it" but we drop a couple because of his experience etc. I'll be happy. If it's another scrap & scrape behind LDR few will be happy.
Agree but i'd say another scrap and scrape behind ANY qb. Regardless who's out there and the W/L record, they better look like theyve recieved some good coaching and are improving.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think they are at 9.5 games and everyone keeps acting like their QB is all world.
bro....read the article

DAMHfOxU0AErdR-.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Not if the offense stinks and he wins the East again..

There's zero chance that we win the East with another offense like the last two years. The defense is going to give up a lot of yards and points. If the offense is bad again we aren't winning anything.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's zero chance that we win the East with another offense like the last two years. The defense is going to give up a lot of yards and points. If the offense is bad again we aren't winning anything.
So just how bad do you think the defense is going to be? Give us something tangible. A ranking, a guess on yardage, points per game....what do you think?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That must be a misprint unless they lost their QB for the season. No way are they at under 9 games I would think.
Probably is. Especially since others have them tied for 3rd in odds to win the NC.
Point being, if someone put it out like that at 6 games...like he said, that's easy money

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.