Venting Thread: Billy is proud of Kirby

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok this will be long. First let me say I never liked the Napier hire. I think the guy is a goofball and doesnt represent UF football. But I think he will be a Mark Right. Which isn't the worst thing ever. I don't think he will be a losing coach but I know he won't be a championship coach, ever.

He speaks like a fan. I think he is still in awe of being in the SEC and hasn't yet realized all that goes into it. Not saying he's in over his head, but I'm saying that I think he feels like he won the lottery. He's not going to rock the boat, piss off fans, talk smack about our rivals because he's just so happy to be on the sidelines.

I do think he's smart enough to put together a good team, have guys play hard, and be competitive. Unlike Mullen, I do think he will adapt. Once he settles into the SEC and realizes he will have to hurt people's feelings, he will adapt.

One thing is he is not a wizard, he will never out scheme anyone. He will outplay other teams. The players will love him. This will take many years. In the meantime it will be ugly, ugly football.

My concern is that once he gets all the pieces and has guys playing lights out, he will never have that killer instinct. We will never blow anyone out, we will never play with a chip on our shoulders. We WILL win a lot but we will always lose the big games to coaches with a "win at all costs" mentality while Napier wants to be a gentleman.

For those of you who like the Napier hire, I am confident he will have some winning teams. But even at that stage the big losses will be hard.

Thank you for allowing me to vent and I have so much more free time on Saturdays with Billy at the helm!
It ain't like the guy has never been around SEC football or coached in the league. He's just not been a head coach in the SEC. Neither was anybody else, until they were.

I know we have been somewhat disappointing and there is a ton of room for improvement, but dang some of y'all are reading too much into a loss to the best team in the country in year one. For instance, how much better would this team be if the one guy that touches the ball on every play was playing anywhere near his potential? Things aren't great but man the doom and gloom around here is over the top right now.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It ain't like the guy has never been around SEC football or coached in the league. He's just not been a head coach in the SEC. Neither was anybody else, until they were.

I know we have been somewhat disappointing and there is a ton of room for improvement, but dang some of y'all are reading too much into a loss to the best team in the country in year one. For instance, how much better would this team be if the one guy that touches the ball on every play was playing anywhere near his potential? Things aren't great but man the doom and gloom around here is over the top right now.
He was fired by Dabo and was a waterboy for Nicky. He also spent some time with his mentor, the shark humper and was instrumental in getting Todd Graham fired in Tempe.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I actually thought Ox changed your Avatar as a joke for not throating Nap with him. :dunno:
I got kicked from the box and we played better.

Might be a strategic ploy come Saturday, but I won’t wait to call Ox a mother****ing ******* cocksucking bastard until well into the game. I’ll do it at kickoff. :grin:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The one thing that stood out in the USF game last year was EJ’s hesitation when scanning the field. He would have open WRs that would be covered by the time he got it there. He had a QB coach for 4 full seasons and had also watched Trask excel at timing. And yet, he couldn’t. Fast forward to the fsu game 10 games later, and he was the same. Bowl game. Same. It’s a processing issue and generally someone either has it or they don’t. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “he’s open”, “throw it”, “what are you waiting for?” from the fans around me at games this year. That isn’t a lack of QB coaching, nor is it an indictment of any offensive system, even if I’d be ok seeing something else. That’s a player that has trouble making the reads and can’t recognize when to make a throw, or take off. I know I sound harsh, and I still like AR. But these issues are him first. And history says they don’t usually correct themselves.
This is likely why Dipsh!t Dan continued to trot out EJ over AR, even though EJ wasn't getting it done. This is also why Trask seemed so superior to Franks. Making the correct reads and anticipating the throws/routs are key parts of success as a QB. Danny Wurffel wasn't that physically gifted, but man, could he anticipate where to throw the ball. Trask as well.

I look forward to next year with great anticipation....

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So what you are saying to me is that I am not going to see our RB, after the snap, run thru the line, face up to a LB, stick his foot in the ground and run an option route? Saw that today a couple times in an NFL game. RB was wide open each time for an easy throw and catch.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
See, I was just saying this same thing while admitting I don't know dik about X's and O's, but you would have to be blind to see this offense is almost going out of it's way to not play to AR's strengths. At first I think many of us assumed they were trying to make AR a drop back QB to help his NFL prospects. But at this point his NFL draft projection is only suffering from him playing poorly in an offense that doesn't fit him.

Look at the Ravens. They went 100% in on building an offense around Lamar. And since then he has gotten better as a passer every year. You want to help AR? Coach to his strengths and the rest will work out, (or it won't), but square peg, round hole (I pegged your mom's round hole) isn't working.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
See, I was just saying this same thing while admitting I don't know dik about X's and O's, but you would have to be blind to see this offense is almost going out of it's way to not play to AR's strengths. At first I think many of us assumed they were trying to make AR a drop back QB to help his NFL prospects. But at this point his NFL draft projection is only suffering from him playing poorly in an offense that doesn't fit him.

Look at the Ravens. They went 100% in on building an offense around Lamar. And since then he has gotten better as a passer every year. You want to help AR? Coach to his strengths and the rest will work out, (or it won't), but square peg, round hole (I pegged your mom's round hole) isn't working.

But did you go out of your way to do it?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I hope when Sasse comes in he cleans house, starting w Stricklin.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Dance Halloween GIF by jjjjjohn

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.