Victor Wembanyama is unstoppable

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this guy is going to end up being the most unstoppable player in NBA history history. I don’t even know how you can play defense against this kid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know what the Bad Boy Pistons would do to that stick figure? Bill Laimbeer would have him literally crying on the bench.

There's no defense played in today's NBA, so nothing these guys do is all that impressive anymore. They don't have to earn it.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do you know what the Bad Boy Pistons would do to that stick figure? Bill Laimbeer would have him literally crying on the bench.

There's no defense played in today's NBA, so nothing these guys do is all that impressive anymore. They don't have to earn it.
Jordan earning wins over those Detroit teams means a helluva lot more than whatever you want to call that's being played today. It wasn't just Detroit, either, although they did it better than anyone else.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jordan earning wins over those Detroit teams means a helluva lot more than whatever you want to call that's being played today. It wasn't just Detroit, either, although they did it better than anyone else.
Detroit Bad Boy Pistons and the Knicks with Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason were damn physical teams, and even though they were past their prime, Jordan also had to play the Celtics with McHale and Parrish and they invented the "no layup" in the playoffs rule.

Today's 6'11"+ players are hanging out at the 3 pt line jacking up jump shots. Imagine a modern center trying to guard Shaq in his prime in the paint. They'd be flung into the 3rd row.

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Detroit Bad Boy Pistons and the Knicks with Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason were damn physical teams, and even though they were past their prime, Jordan also had to play the Celtics with McHale and Parrish and they invented the "no layup" in the playoffs rule.

Today's 6'11"+ players are hanging out at the 3 pt line jacking up jump shots. Imagine a modern center trying to guard Shaq in his prime in the paint. They'd be flung into the 3rd row.

Alex.
This kid plays in the paint. He doesn’t shoot three pointers.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Him going into the paint, in today's soft-D, is like me bragging about attending a yoga class at our local university. While I'm sure it's no fun to do yoga, it'd be damn pleasurable to be doing so among those class participants.
yoga GIF

And side note, even though the above scenario is purely hypothetical, I can in fact touch my toes but it's only if I sit down and lift my leg up. "Limber" is not in my realm of possibility. If I ever did attend a yoga class, it'd be like this...
Yoga Cool Down GIF by Peloton

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I agree, and watching him is like watching an alien play, but he's not sharing that paint with Ewing, Mason, and Oakley (and that team never won a ring).

He's unlike anything I've ever seen before, but he's playing in a different NBA than Shawn Bradley or Manute Bol played in.

I'm curious how his game will develop as he adds some meat to those bones. If he is able to add muscle. Some dudes can't. He's a 20-10 guy right now. What's his ceiling? 30-15?

For the record, Wilt averaged 50 one season and his career average was 30 (and over 20 boards).

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, and watching him is like watching an alien play, but he's not sharing that paint with Ewing, Mason, and Oakley (and that team never won a ring).

He's unlike anything I've ever seen before, but he's playing in a different NBA than Shawn Bradley or Manute Bol played in.

I'm curious how his game will develop as he adds some meat to those bones. If he is able to add muscle. Some dudes can't. He's a 20-10 guy right now. What's his ceiling? 30-15?

For the record, Wilt averaged 50 one season and his career average was 30 (and over 20 boards).

Alex.
Yeah. I agree. He’s really young. But his game is freaky.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also interested to see how his knees hold up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.