Vosean Joseph - key to a win?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just hope he doesn't try to do too much.
Too much emotion can be just as bad as not enough. LB's need to stay in position and emotion can lead players to try and do too much and get caught out of position which leads to frustration....offensive coordinators become aware of this as the game goes on and good ones take advantage of it....reverses, counters, screens and such dialed up can prove fatal for LB's when emotion overcomes instinct ....

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that he and Reese are huge for us this weekend.

But if we’re talking “keys to victory”, I may have to Polite-ly disagree. I think they’re going to have to let Fromm pass to beat us and their OL is beatable.

I Polite-ly agree. He was written up quite nicely in SI this week and will be a definite thorn in the side of the Puppies.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Too much emotion can be just as bad as not enough. LB's need to stay in position and emotion can lead players to try and do too much and get caught out of position which leads to frustration....offensive coordinators become aware of this as the game goes on and good ones take advantage of it....reverses, counters, screens and such dialed up can prove fatal for LB's when emotion overcomes instinct ....

In perhaps the best half of football in the Muschamp era, the second half at TAMU in 2012, I remember reading that the D was told at the half to stop free-lancing, stay in their lanes, and trust the play calling on D. They did that, clamping down on Manziel, enabling the Gators to win. Last year against the Puppies we were caught way too many times out of position. Trust your coaches - play your position - and we win.

As for Joseph, yes, there are D plays that I'm sure are called for him. Remaining in the scheme that's drawn up, he will be an important element of shutting down the Dogs.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just think Joseph is especially pissed and will be an animal.

I agree, but he's gotta find a way to channel that into making tackles and disrupting the Dogs, not getting any unsportsmanlikes in the process. No one wants to just stand there and take it, but if the Puppies start something, our guys, including VJ, may have to, just to ensure that he and no other Gators get tossed.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Who says they were flat? They just ran into a better team.

I hope you are right but even Tebow called out UGA for little effort...I guess they were Dawging It

eff:wag:

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Controlled chaos.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He’s acting like a field enforcer... well, stick to assignments and enforce away, Go Gators!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Holyfck reminds me of that LSU running back now a jaguar, except with a mean streak. If our boys let him get a head of steam its gonna be a long day. btw gap discipline also depends on having some success against the tree (uga OL) in front of you.
You sound like a dwag.

Holyfield couldn’t hold Fournette’s jock.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I just think Joseph is especially pissed and will be an animal.
Hope he still has the passion he had walking off the field at Vandy. Control that anger and take it out on Dawg running backs and Quarterbacks like he did on the chalk board.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Holyfck reminds me of that LSU running back now a jaguar, except with a mean streak. If our boys let him get a head of steam its gonna be a long day. btw gap discipline also depends on having some success against the tree (uga OL) in front of you.

Wuuuut? You think Evander’s boy is anywhere on Fournette’s level?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
An aside = Watching replay highlights Joseph & Reese seem slim-sleek and swift afoot. In fact, as tribute to these Gators' S&C none our guys look to have slobby bodies. This Saturday our D players need to think & play controlled smart to be "suffocater Gators".

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I agree that he and Reese are huge for us this weekend.
But if we’re talking “keys to victory”, I may have to Polite-ly disagree. I think they’re going to have to let Fromm pass to beat us and their OL is beatable.
They only need Fromm to pass if the run, swing passes, screens are not working. They will try to get their TEs open some on PA.

QUOTE="neteng, post: 791669, member: 2228"]The dawgs will try to run on us from the get go and we need to win that battle and force them to have to throw. Then its time for the DL and LBs to get after him.[/QUOTE]
Agree. Run run run and try to wear us down. It's the only strategy that makes sense.

The only thing that will get them out of their gameplan is if we stuff or slow their run considerably and have some success on offense. If our offense is not scoring points they will stick with mostly run plays. My fear is that their OL will play with a vengence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator