Was Chip really never given an offer?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter. He wouldn't have accepted. If he'd given off the vibe that he wanted the job and acted like he was really truly interested he'd have gotten an offer no doubt.

If I were going to ask the best looking girl in the school to the prom and went out of my way to let her know my intentions then she acted too busy and disinterested when I walked up to ask her I would never ask.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
aha! We all speculated that UF wiffed and messed up. I think they went up there to try and get a handle on if CK was a good fit and came away thinking "This guy is goofy!" Scott Frost turned us down. I wonder if he only turned us down is because he didn't want to talk to anybody until after the season was completely over. He seems like a guy that wouldn't do that to his current team.

kiddnoname

Nov 14, 2017
aha! We all speculated that UF wiffed and messed up. I think they went up there to try and get a handle on if CK was a good fit and came away thinking "This guy is goofy!" Scott Frost turned us down. I wonder if he only turned us down is because he didn't want to talk to anybody until after the season was completely over. He seems like a guy that wouldn't do that to his current team.

I'm fairly certain Frost to Nebraska will be announced next Sunday after the AAC Championship game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That just makes me think after they talked Kelly didn't like something that had to do with control at UF possibly.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah they took Fuchs up there to look at the foliage and have hot chocolate with Chip. Give me a break.

I bet they went to have a conversation, the results of that meant that no offer was desirable. I thought that at the time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
yes, they were so far away in terms Fuchs flew up to be apart of it... So much that it was reported by ESPN that Chip Kelly wasn't going to be doing his segments Friday and Saturday, because he was choosing between offers by UF and UCLA... but now the narrative is no offer from Florida? Reported first by the Gainesville Sun.... because they are all about breaking news.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SS: So Chip are you interested in coaching Florida?
Chip: Not saying I'm not interested, but you'd have to pay me 10 million a year and all the green MnMs I can eat.
SS: Ok well thanks for meeting with us.

Next day:
Chip: They never offered me the job.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Good thing Chip has that Oregon experience because dude is boring af. The only way you can get pumped about him is thinking about what he used to do at Oregon. I think he would have killed it here and will probably kill it there but I could fall asleep listening to him.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
:lies::bsflag:Chip is absolutely a west coast kinda guy...
Agree. He wanted to go to UCLA. UF acted prematurely meant ti was too soon before Mora was fired. As if he gave them no incentive to keep pursuing him. Why do I keep thinking of this like manipulative dating in high school? Ooh, maybe I'll string this one along until the one I want gets competitive and jealous and asks me out.

Edit: I see it conjures up images of high school dating for divits also.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Mullin was our first choice. I’m truly believing that now based on some of the timelines that have popped up.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
SS: So Chip are you interested in coaching Florida?
Chip: Not saying I'm not interested, but you'd have to pay me 10 million a year and all the green MnMs I can eat.
SS: Ok well thanks for meeting with us.

Next day:
Chip: They never offered me the job.
Yes. His own personal definition of offer.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
yes, they were so far away in terms Fuchs flew up to be apart of it... So much that it was reported by ESPN that Chip Kelly wasn't going to be doing his segments Friday and Saturday, because he was choosing between offers by UF and UCLA... but now the narrative is no offer from Florida? Reported first by the Gainesville Sun.... because they are all about breaking news.
So well put.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah they took Fuchs up there to look at the foliage and have hot chocolate with Chip. Give me a break.
Why do people keep acting like he is the president of the US.....the dude travels, its not out of the realm of possibility he wanted to meet face-to-face before moving on him being the last duds we brought in under past regimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator