Was Chip really never given an offer?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im not an option guy as you know and I really didnt want him before, but he is no doubt a splash hire who would have changed the program at least until he left in 11 months. i understand why so many thought he was a dream coach.

I think it was the star power that everyone believed recruits would have flocked to. Im not positive about that either.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly is a good Coach but I'm not comfortable with him..... bad vibes...

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I understand that is practically heresy to say this, but Kelly is/was/will be a scumbag and a liar and I am particularly happy is next Location of Probation is in LA and not Gainesville. Dan Mullen is not the most exciting hire, but doubt he will have us on probation inside of the 3 years either. Kelly hid his involvement in the dirty stuff at Oregon very well, but NCAA eyes will be focused much more keenly on his this time around.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just because you interview a candidate doesn’t mean you offer them the job and the recognition it wasn’t a fit could easily have been clear to both sides.

We are all speculating and will never know.
Shut up!!!!
shut-up-no-way.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
That is obviously the way it works with most jobs, but isnt the way it works with college football coaches. We were working on the written contract with him the whole week, negoatiating terms, changes, draft after draft. We took the Pres and the lawyers bc we thought it was done. If Mulkins does better at UF maybe we are happy longterm but Chip definitely seems like a flake either way.

I don’t doubt you. The splash may have been muddy.

And if it wasn’t right it wasn’t right. Better that we find out then than in 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator