Was that win the start of something special?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Now I know I may be grasping at straws here, but I think we just watched a crossroads yesterday. I still am for a new coach at this point, but that was the most emotion I've seen out of Muschamp in a long time and it was nice to see. and he also finally realized Driskel wasn't working, put in harris, and it was an INSTANT spark. The vibe at the end of that game was amazing. The phantom fumble on the kneel down was icing on the cake, that last gasp of hope for the crowd. and while it was classless, was I the only one that was sincerely flattered by the "F you florida" chant?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You are correct. You are grasping at straws. Same coach, same bull headed mentality. Hopefully Roper/Harris will give us some excitement.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Grasping I think. 1) Muschamp is too stubborn. I'll believe Harris starts when I see it. 2) If they do play Harris, Muschamp's conservative approach will likely take a couple games to open the playbook up for him. He really could have used more game reps in the earlier games (and yesterday as well).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait it out some, guys. Have some hope.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n69955 said:
I think someone hacked Law's account.

:lol: He throws in some positive patience every once in a while...and this time I agree...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be honest, I know it took a 50 yard miracle field goal to win yesterday but it felt good. And watching sc lose to Kentucky gave me some hope.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Harris can't start, he hasn't the game experience Jeff has.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I loved the F U Florida from the crowd and every fan I met on the way out of the stadium that said 'F&%^ Florida' made the drive worth it. :cool:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
t-gator;n69973 said:
I'll be honest, I know it took a 50 yard miracle field goal to win yesterday but it felt good. And watching sc lose to Kentucky gave me some hope.
You're right. Felt good to win. Last minute change at QB, who tun managed to score a TD. Then we have to kick a long FG that I thought we had no chance of hitting. Then we give the ball back to UT with 3 minutes left. Just setting ourselves up for disaster but they make an ill-advised throw and our safety makes a spectacular int.
Thank gawd for UT and UK insisting on losing to us despite our best intentions to give them the games.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Need Harris in and Muschamp to have a lobotomy. Maybe then we'll get to ATL.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n69984 said:
You're right. Felt good to win. Last minute change at QB, who tun managed to score a TD. Then we have to kick a long FG that I thought we had no chance of hitting. Then we give the ball back to UT with 3 minutes left. Just setting ourselves up for disaster but they make an ill-advised throw and our safety makes a spectacular int.
Thank gawd for UT and UK insisting on losing to us despite our best intentions to give them the games.

I saw the kickers practicing 60 yarders at the half so I knew it was technically possible but did not think it was very likely.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking it's the slow transition (which would be a stubborn persons style) of giving more PT to the true leader on the field and moving Driskel to hand signaling.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
G 2;n70076 said:
I saw the kickers practicing 60 yarders at the half so I knew it was technically possible but did not think it was very likely.
That's good to hear because we've been struggling in that area.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just glad to see us finally step...coaches, defense, offense and special teams. I have a glimmer of hope for the first time in almost a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator