We back, baby!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
12 years ago today. That trio had the "it" factor.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
They also had a lot of talent, help from several others on the team, a coach that got the best from them, and memories for a lifetime. We could only dream of having such again.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
You clickbait hoar:spank: I thought this was going to be about our 2018 football team:banghead:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
12 years ago today. That trio had the "it" factor.

In some ways 2006-07 was a miserable year to watch UF basketball. I spent the year worrying that one of big 3 particularly Brewer would get hurt. I worried every time he took a spill.

Then I worried as the overall number one seed somehow UF would get upset by a 16 seed. I worried every other game in the tourney, never feeling as I often have before or after that UF was playing with house money in the tourney. After 2005-06, I felt elations. After 2006-07, I felt relief.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You clickbait hoar:spank: I thought this was going to be about our 2018 football team:banghead:
In other words, we've had less than a month of spring practice under the new coach, the spring game is in a week, but we back, baby nevertheless?

YESSSSSS.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You should probably read this to yourself over and over until it sinks in.

Why do you think it has not sunk it? It was a tension filled year with the added tension of guys putting a lot on the line for UF fans. It was of course the greatest time in UF basketball, but it was also more a year of tension than joy to me.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That part that seemingly hasn't sunken in, IMO, is that some people really have a hard time just enjoying things. They can't help worrying that something bad is about to happen. Maybe that applies to you, maybe it doesn't, I don't know. Just seems like a funny way to look at that season. Perspective.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get what Insti's saying. I was so emotionally vested during the Bulls' six-season championship run that I nearly forgot how to enjoy basketball. You find yourself fretting over needless things and expecting the shoe to drop.

That being said, I worried very little during our second title run 2006-2007. That team was loaded and experienced.

Nowadays I couldn't give a shyt. It really helps having a crappy NBA team to root for.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
09 Football was one of those years for me. Even though we were winning something just didn't "seem right"....the concussion....the MSU game, the Arky game then the arrest right before the SECCG....It was almost like we were destined to lose a game that year.....Looking back now what I'd give to have those same fears from watching a very good team in the first place :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's just the internet.

No actual oxes, donkeys, monkeys or sasquatches were injured or killed in the production of this nonsense.

The plural of ox is oxen, counselor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.