We got Egor!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Especially since we don't even have a spot for him at the moment. If he really wants to play for UF, he'll need to be patient and wait on Egbunu's decision or another potential transfer. But at this point, the kid's gotta move on and look elsewhere, IMO.

Yea I hear you. Let's hope Eggy decides to return.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Especially since we don't even have a spot for him at the moment. If he really wants to play for UF, he'll need to be patient and wait on Egbunu's decision or another potential transfer. But at this point, the kid's gotta move on and look elsewhere, IMO.

Exactly, he says he is deciding in late May. We shall see if UF has an openning in a month or not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree and we are in with some some studs in the 2018 class. We'll need the room. I'd rather have egbunu for half a year anhyhow.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree and we are in with some some studs in the 2018 class. We'll need the room. I'd rather have egbunu for half a year anhyhow.

If Bassett were to leave as there has been some mention, I would be happy having Cameron Johnson fill in the last 2 years of his career. If Egbunu stays in the draft, a two year grad transfer might not be as attractive.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13685/white-visits-pitt-transfer/?tc=ar

Hoops Scoop
White visits Pitt transfer

After courting Rice transfer Egor Koulechov on Friday and Saturday, Florida coach Mike White hopped on a plane Sunday to visit another grad transfer target– Pittsburgh forward Cam Johnson.

The 6-foot-8, 210-pound Johnson had visits with a number of schools over the weekend, including TCU, Michigan, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Oregon, Rutgers and Illinois.

What makes Johnson appealing? For one, Johnson shot 41.7 percent from 3-point range last season while averaging 11.3 points and 4.5 rebounds. His size and game is similar to former UF forward Devin Robinson, who announced on Friday that he’s keeping his name in the NBA draft.

Johnson carries a 3.9 GPA and is on track to graduate in the spring after three years. Because Johnson red-shirted due a shoulder injury as a freshman, he’s a rare grad transfer that would have two years of eligibility remaining.

With forward Eric Hester transferring and Robinson putting his name in the NBA draft, the Gators have one scholarship spot open for 2016-17. That number could increase to two scholarship spots if center John Egbunu elects to keep his name in the NBA draft. The 6-foot-11 Egbunu, coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL, has until May 24 to decide whether to return for his senior season.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13685/white-visits-pitt-transfer/?tc=ar

Hoops Scoop
White visits Pitt transfer

After courting Rice transfer Egor Koulechov on Friday and Saturday, Florida coach Mike White hopped on a plane Sunday to visit another grad transfer target– Pittsburgh forward Cam Johnson.

The 6-foot-8, 210-pound Johnson had visits with a number of schools over the weekend, including TCU, Michigan, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Oregon, Rutgers and Illinois.

What makes Johnson appealing? For one, Johnson shot 41.7 percent from 3-point range last season while averaging 11.3 points and 4.5 rebounds. His size and game is similar to former UF forward Devin Robinson, who announced on Friday that he’s keeping his name in the NBA draft.

Johnson carries a 3.9 GPA and is on track to graduate in the spring after three years. Because Johnson red-shirted due a shoulder injury as a freshman, he’s a rare grad transfer that would have two years of eligibility remaining.

With forward Eric Hester transferring and Robinson putting his name in the NBA draft, the Gators have one scholarship spot open for 2016-17. That number could increase to two scholarship spots if center John Egbunu elects to keep his name in the NBA draft. The 6-foot-11 Egbunu, coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL, has until May 24 to decide whether to return for his senior season.
That article is 10 days old and was before Egor signed with us. Latest report was we are no longer on Cam's list of possible schools. Though I'm sure Coach White's still in his ear about the possibility of a spot if Egbunu decides to not come back.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That article is 10 days old and was before Egor signed with us. Latest report was we are no longer on Cam's list of possible schools. Though I'm sure Coach White's still in his ear about the possibility of a spot if Egbunu decides to not come back.
According to the insiders on tos we have pulled put of that race.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
According to the insiders on tos we have pulled put of that race.

My view is that UF does not have a roster spot for Cam Johnson so of course UF is not in the mix to get him. Now if UF has a spot open up on its roster, I would not be surprised for this to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator