We knew it was coming: Coach begging for walk-on Linemen

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Florida puts out call for walk-on linemen
Florida has meetings for potential walk-ons every year, but this year the Gators are placing an extra emphasis on offensive and defensive linemen. The Gators return just 19 scholarship linemen in total -- eight offensive linemen and 11 defensive linemen -- for spring practice and would like to bolster their numbers for spring ball.
The last time Florida had so few offensive linemen, the team wasn't able to host a full spring game, having to settle for a glorified practice instead. That was in 2013, when the Gators had just 11 scholarship offensive linemen, with only six healthy by the end of the spring.
The informational meeting for prospective walk-ons will be held on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Gator Room, located in the southwest corner of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Only full-time, degree-seeking students are eligible.

Gator Recruiting @_Gators_
Follow

2nd Call: Walk-on (emphasis on OL-DL) info meeting will be Tuesday at 6:30pm in Gator Room. Must be full time, degree-seeking student.
12:10 PM - 9 Mar 2015

7_2999630.jpg

It's clear Muschamp had no plan after last season.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously this staff has no clue how to run a program! If a dunce like dawchamp was able to go each year without sufficient numbers in the trenches then that proves that having a two deep roster in such a critical area is an overblown myth. /sarcasm off.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It would seem that every year we should be looking for walk ons to fill our needs. We used to get several good contributors on the field and in leadership positions.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WobbleGator;n189623 said:
Hopefully we have enough walk ons that we can have a Spring Game.
The way things are going, I think we'll end up playing Ultimate Frisbee for our Spring Game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we have five or six OL injured this spring again, our season is over and we'll be praying for the return of the 4-8 good ole days.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n189640 said:
The way things are going, I think we'll end up playing Ultimate Frisbee for our Spring Game.

Ultimate Frisbee is a lot of fun, I'd volunteer to join them as a walk on if that's what they were playing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The good thing is that McElwain did get a number of OL in the recruiting class so that will help our numbers in Fall. We still won't be where we need to be, but it will help.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently we all owe Trip Thurman a huge thank you for playing his entire career with a shredded shoulder. A guy we were all sorta counting on to anchor the interior o-line is out for spring and can't do anything football-related for at least 8 months. I'm glad to see Mac and his staff are hoping to get him healthy instead of keeping him on a path to permanent disability.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n189833 said:
Originally posted by NavetG8r View Post

I marched a tuba one year and probably weighed 120lbs soaking wet. :lol:

Okay, so you could blow a defensive rusher. :thumbup:

:burn:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n189695 said:
Ultimate Frisbee is a lot of fun, I'd volunteer to join them as a walk on if that's what they were playing.

No doubt! Back in my ultimate prime, I may have even earned a scholarship as a walk-on.
Funnest organized sport I've ever played. I like basketball more, but it's much more physically demanding. I like the 'spirit of the game' philosophy of ultimate, along with co-ed leagues and the loose atmosphere on the sidelines where at any time you could drink, smoke weed, run around naked....................whatever.

Attachments

• conv_2642.gif
    conv_2642.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.