We Talkin Bout The State of the Program!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea what Mac thinks or wants. If I had to guess, I would say his guiding principal is the qb that gives him the best chance to win. If that means changing QBs then, yes, he would want to change QBs. LDR set the bar really low for another QB to show that he gives the gators a better chance to win. If neither Franks nor Trask can clear that bar, then LDR will start. I don't think that is likely given LDR's known limitations, especially under Mac's scheme, and the fact that he will be out for all of spring giving Kyleipe a chance to show they are better.

Why do you think he will stick with LDR regardless of whether he's the best option?

By the way, Mac didn't stick with Fred Johnson at right tackle, or either of the two centers replaced by McCoy after they came back from injury. He didn't stick with whoever was replaced by Cleveland (Fulwood? - I don'r remember). He didn't stick with Cronk as the lead back after the first year either. I just don't buy the "he's stubborn" argument.
Why do I think he sticks with LDR? He stuck with Treon then he stuck with LDR until his arm fell completely off. Again, what has he shown you to believe he will make a change at the QB position? Trask and Franks are battling for the back-up spot.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do I think he sticks with LDR? He stuck with Treon then he stuck with LDR until his arm fell completely off. Again, what has he shown you to believe he will make a change at the QB position? Trask and Franks are battling for the back-up spot.

I'm afraid that you are correct on this. The evidence is the Arkansas game. LDR had no business playing in that game, but Mac kept him in anyways. If Appleby plays, we actually have a chance to win. Terrible coaching on Mac's part. I truly hope he learned his lesson, but coaches sometimes have too big of an ego to learn from their mistakes. We'll know this season for sure if Mac is that kind of coach or not.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In the first video, Polite looks as big (or bigger) than Taven Bryan. Bryan is right at 300.

Damn, I wish they'd post up an updated roster.

Also, that indoor facility looks awesome. Remember all the idiots who posted incessantly that "we're Florida! We don't need no indoor facility!"

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the first video, Polite looks as big (or bigger) than Taven Bryan. Bryan is right at 300.

Damn, I wish they'd post up an updated roster.

Also, that indoor facility looks awesome. Remember all the idiots who posted incessantly that "we're Florida! We don't need no indoor facility!"
I think Polite has always looked bigger than his listed weight.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should have stopped right here.

You'd think so... however, most of the big boy schools we play, and all of the ones that are currently beating our azzes on the field and on signing day are doing the exact thing you're discussing. FSU and bama do this every year and have for a long time.

It's surprising how many on this board have zero knowledge of the facts regarding this issue.

Add yourself to the list......

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They all need to be ready. When was the last time one QB made it through a whole season as the starter? I'm lazy, somebody tell me.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Why? We need DTs and he's been in the program for 2+ years. I'd rather root for the kid than against him.
Who is rooting against anyone? DO you want LDR to start next year? Why not? Does that mean you are rooting against him? It sure doesn't. Same thing applies here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They all need to be ready. When was the last time one QB made it through a whole season as the starter? I'm lazy, somebody tell me.
2008, sort of.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He might wont do reasonably well, or at least better than what one of too small to play DE types would do.
I wouldn't count on it. It takes a mean SOB to play like an animal on the dline and I never saw any of that when he was on the oline.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who is rooting against anyone? DO you want LDR to start next year? Why not? Does that mean you are rooting against him? It sure doesn't. Same thing applies here.

Well, it looks like Concrete is rooting against him....and it's pretty clear, "I'm rather not see him playing anywhere....."

I'm not sure what you gathered from that comment. And your comparison to LDR is apples & oranges. RDJ hasn't played a single down of DT for us. So wouldn't it be prudent to wait and see how he does before we throw him out w/ the bath water?? If he sh*ts the bed, then sure, we can rehash this discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator